WooshBuild v2 - H2S & H2H OpenATV 5.1 Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha sorry mate it did make me laugh try closing the port later see if it stops hope ya get it sorted mate

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't see it - if I upgrade from V1 to V2 is there any foreseeable issues or does it just work.

I love V1 but know the wife will be more happier with V2!!

Thanks in advance

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't see it - if I upgrade from V1 to V2 is there any foreseeable issues or does it just work.

I love V1 but know the wife will be more happier with V2!!

Thanks in advance
Providing you have the Zgemma H2S box it will just work for you. If you are using a H2H this image is not currently recommended do to knew found info.

The main difference to v1 is now the channels numbers show on the EPG, the audio description, which used to be on some channels, is now turned off by default and IPTV player is in place and ready to install. It is also configured for use with smaller USB devices as standard but a larger device will still work just as well.

On a whole it will just work. Follow the instructions which have been reduced to less steps and you should be fine.

I went ahead with some trepidation and surprised myself by flashing the image successfully but with one problem. Whenever I change channel I get an error message "creating hardlink to timeshift file failed". What do I need to do to solve this please? Thanks for all the help you have given with this anyway.

It sounds like you haven't initialised your USB device as per the instructions. Then check the Timeshift folder location.

It sounds like you haven't initialised your USB device as per the instructions. Then check the Timeshift folder location.
How do I check the Timeshift folder location please? I unplugged the external HDD I had in and plugged it into my laptop and nothing showed up. I then went through the initialisation process again, it had appeared to have initialised successfully the first time after I followed the instructions to the letter, still got the same error so I unplugged my HDD and immediately reinserted and the error message disappeared. I was able to record a programme which lasted an hour and a quarter but when I attempted to record from the EPG it told me my HDD was full but all there was one recording on a 500gb HDD. Please help.

Just go in your recording and timeshift settings in the menus. Change the values for recording etc. Its probably default values like 40gb. Most of the settings will need a tweak for your personal setup.

Hi wooshman. Still using v1 and am having no problems at all but I have just noticed that I do not have an hd tab in the epg. Thought I would ask here as you setup the tabs on your first build. Is there a way for me to add the tab myself. If I should of asked this in kiddacs thread just say and I will post there. Thanks

Hi wooshman. Still using v1 and am having no problems at all but I have just noticed that I do not have an hd tab in the epg. Thought I would ask here as you setup the tabs on your first build. Is there a way for me to add the tab myself. If I should of asked this in kiddacs thread just say and I will post there. Thanks
This is the right place to ask and I think it is a setting in AutoBouquetsMaker. I will have to install it again and take a look for you. v2 uses AutoBouquets E2 so what you get is different options such as channel numbers on the EPG etc.

Kiddac may be able to just answer from the top of his head as I think he uses ABM.

This is the right place to ask and I think it is a setting in AutoBouquetsMaker. I will have to install it again and take a look for you. v2 uses AutoBouquets E2 so what you get is different options such as channel numbers on the EPG etc.

Kiddac may be able to just answer from the top of his head as I think he uses ABM.

Thanks pal. Have just looked in autobouquet maker and only thing I can find is to hide certain tabs but hd isn't there. Thought it might have been ticked and just had to untick it but can't find it anywhere !!

---------- Post Merged at 10:03 PM ----------

Found it mate. It was in providers in autobouquet maker. Thanks for pointing me in right direction. .

EPG not populating

Hi, this build is great and so easy to set up - however, approximately 7 days after flashing my ZGemma my EPG appears to be failing to update. This is especially evident on the movies, documentaries and sports tabs. I think the freeview channels are populaing, but the premium channels arent.

Ive tried to redownload the EPG using the crossEPG download now feature, and also individually download them from the different providers list - but nothing seems to be updating. My box has been in standby since it was flashed overnight to allow the download of the new EPG at 4:00am.

Any one have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hi, this build is great and so easy to set up - however, approximately 7 days after flashing my ZGemma my EPG appears to be failing to update. This is especially evident on the movies, documentaries and sports tabs. I think the freeview channels are populaing, but the premium channels arent.

Ive tried to redownload the EPG using the crossEPG download now feature, and also individually download them from the different providers list - but nothing seems to be updating. My box has been in standby since it was flashed overnight to allow the download of the new EPG at 4:00am.

Any one have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

What happens when you press the green button, highlight CrossEPG and press the OK button? It should change to a sky logo and start downloading the EPG and reading the entries etc. If it is not doing this, can you check the location of the EPG Storage by going into the CrossEPG configuration.

When you say you have "also individually download them from the different providers list - but nothing seems to be updating" what did you change?

As a test I have just done a manual download as above without issue.

What happens when you press the green button, highlight CrossEPG and press the OK button? It should change to a sky logo and start downloading the EPG and reading the entries etc. If it is not doing this, can you check the location of the EPG Storage by going into the CrossEPG configuration.

When you say you have "also individually download them from the different providers list - but nothing seems to be updating" what did you change?

As a test I have just done a manual download as above without issue.

I've just ran that, it appears to download - switches to the background music, reads titles, summaries, then downloads channel lists and events and returns to the menu. However, channels are blank - for exaple right now under kids Boomerang+1, Cartoonito and BabyTV are blank - yet Tiny Pop and CITV, CBeebies have been populated.

To download individually I've gone into CrossEPG -> Providers -> XML TV Providers has "Rytec UK XML TV" already enabled - I clicked download on that. OpenTV has Sky UK OpenTV ( astra 2 on 28.2 ) checked and I clicked download on that. I also tried 'download now' from the CrossEPG 0.6.2 menu.

My XML TV Providers does not have rytec UK ticked, nothing in those are ticked except for OpenTV which is Sky UK like yours.

Remove the Rytec tick and then try a manual download.

My XML TV Providers does not have rytec UK ticked, nothing in those are ticked except for OpenTV which is Sky UK like yours.

Remove the Rytec tick and then try a manual download.

Tried that and still the same, when I check 'info about database' in CrossEPG it shows as last updated 09/02/2016 at 13:25 so it is updating the actual database but the EPG itself isnt updated?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back