WooshBuild v4.00 ALPHA Release - OpenATV 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

benijofar

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
WooshBuild v4.00 ALPHA release Zgemma H2S ONLY

Download link will disconnect at 7pm 15/6/16 and will not be available thereafter.

v4.004 is now online for updates to changes made to fix settings restore, crosspeg image and also includes final release of Kiddac's SLYK v4 HD skin

This will be the final Release for the ALPHA version

This thread IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD

OpenATV 5.3

Slyk HD v3

USB Cam Importer
NEW: Automatic Channel Swap plugin (BBC1, BBC2, BT Sport HD no problem)

NEW: IPTV Player Host descriptions & Automatic host updates plugin (remove the rubbish hosts)

NEW: Easier BaseBuild setup for new users. Easy plugin step by step in one place - (not yet in use)

This build has been running for weeks by myself and WooshMan without issue
and I am sure Woosh tries to break his though

Existing users recommended - use at own risk
No support is given on this ALPHA release

If you fancy trying the Alpha release of Basebuild V4 and starting up from scratch then here is the link

http://wooshbuild.yolasite.com

This thread IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD - This thread IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD - This thread IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD -

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WRATH FROM YOUR MISSUS

This thread will be open for about a week to 10 days to get feed back from any problems / bugs / things I have forgotten etc.

This is the ALPHA release of WooshBuild v4.00 which uses OpenATV 5.3. WooshBuild continues to use new methods to make changing settings easy, setup easier and updates easier.

Please post any problems with as much information as possible. What you were doing at the time, what you were trying to do, what happened or what didn't happen. The more info you can give, the more chance we have of fixing it, reproducing it or removing it.
HOW TO FLASH:

1. Backup your settings
Blue button -> Backup Settings (This will backup your line, timers etc but please make a copy of your line anyway to be safe. I will not be responsible if YOU lose your line -
If you don't know how to make a copy of your line please search for it on the forum.​
)

2. Flash Online
Blue button -> Flash online / Local -> Green button (Online) -> highlight WooshBuild v4.00 -> Green button

3. Restore settings
Blue button -> restore settings. Say no if it mentions plugins to be restored.

4. Set your region
Green button -> WooshBuild AutoBouquet Country / Region Setup -> Select Country and press OK -> Menu button -> Use left and right to select region -> OK button 3 times

5. Import your cam (same as wooshbuild v3 from a USB stick.
If you don't know how to use the USB Cam importer, follow the instructions for WooshBuild v3

We do not foresee problems due to testing but this is the reason for the Alpha release.​

THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD

Please only post issues, with v4.00 Alpha. Do not ask questions as we won't answer them. It is for issues only.

Clicking Like / Thanks / or Both gives us an indication of how many people are the guinea pigs, sorry, Alpha testers.

Last edited:
Okay, I am shutting this off, if you want it open, let me know

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Re-opened as per Wooshes instructions :)

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

We are aware of the backup function currently not working and investigating the cause of this.

Hi woosh after re mounting my hdd done software update restore settings from my backup work for me, thought it was when mounting my hdd but it was the online software update.

couldnt restore my backup settings but i think thats what 1 of the post means...apart from that no issues from i seen....love the new boot logo :) lol

loving the new v4 u lot done a gd job. and seems to be running fine for me. like Gerryd13 l like the new boot logo :-)

Yes it was mentioned in the other thread, but it's fine that you commented here as this (now it is unlocked) is the right place for issues.

Spiltroaster - I updated the files last night when you said about them. Whenever you run the new plugin it will update custom_swap.txt and suppliment.txt. As channels move or go it is just a case of running the plugin to update. No manual editing it needed anymore.

So:

1. Settings not being restored
2. CrossEPG background image cut in half.

---------- Post Merged at 06:58 PM ----------

Brought over from the other place
Edit: after installing the alpha build I was unable to restore backup settings but after installing the 25 parts to the online update I was able to restore settings.
This has however lost the new boot loader and it now shows the older one.
There is a 5.3 boot loader in the online updates but it will not install.
System info does show Wooshbuild v4.00

Well that is good that settings can be restored but a massive shit that by restoring them the bootscreens go. The online update bootscreen will try and replace the WooshBuild ones.

Last edited:
even tho i couldnt restore my settings, it was a 2min job to manually restore them and have everything back....i dont use abm as i cant get away with it, i use rat's bouquet updater. again, setting my line, adding rats and deleting abm was done in mins

IGNORE THIS - USER ERROR

For some reason the cam importer doesn't work for me.

I click on Cam importer plugin. It says your file, displayed above, has been copied successfully etc

But I don't have any premium channels.
(The cam file works fine on my other box running v3)

Daz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi woosh after re mounting my hdd done software update restore settings from my backup work for me, still have the new bootloader screen,excellent
Upgrade.

I click on Cam importer plugin. It says your file, displayed above, has been copied successfully etc

Daz

If anyone else has this problem I will look into it but at present I would look your end first as there has been no change to the importer, or softcam panel from v3, it is identical.

Daz

If anyone else has this problem I will look into it but at present I would look your end first as there has been no change to the importer, or softcam panel from v3, it is identical.

Apologies Wooshman, i was a bit premature...

I might have been a bit quick wipping out my USB stick (i did eject it and wait for the popup) but as even though my line files were on the USB, i noticed they were 0 bytes. Opened them to check and they didnt contain any text.

Re-copied them on to the stick and now worked using the cam importer :woohoo:

Daz

Apart from the background of the CrossEPG download screen being truncated (only the top half shows) & the fact my line seems to have taken the hump about the box software changing (took about 20 minutes for the channels to clear again) & it looks like the settings backup I ran is either backing up a vanishingly small fileset or it isn't working...

Other than that, all looking good.

I also had to re add my line. Said my USB didn't contains any files. Put them back on USB and plugged in and woosh

I have just installed again and it would appear that it is my backup settings that is restoring the old 5.1 bootloader screen?
System info says I am on v4.00 alpha?
I can't understand why this should only affect me.

I have also noticed that v4 is a lot slower changing channels than v3 and that includes before using my backup settings

Last edited:
Slyk v4 might be ready tomorrow ;)

I might even let you have it exclusively first

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back