Wow this is new one on me

hkphooey

TK Veteran
OK guys
Using a top sub, set up on my brothers FS max using legit tivimate premium
( I have various 4k's all working superbly on same supplier)
Now he's getting glitchy playback on channels now the really odd part is it's on prerecorded TV channels if you get me.
So BBC news live seems fine but eastenders or a movie glitches out.
Is it maybe some kind of bit rate broadcast thing, that this max isn't happy about?
By the way he has great speed bb 200mb to stick.
He also has a 4k stick running same sub in the same house perfect, and mine too are all 4k sticks.
Weird one this as I've been through every setting on tivimate and the firestick I can think of.
VPN surfshark makes no difference and he has two Isp options Sky broadband and starlink also swapping to each makes no difference.
His other stick is on Starlink runs great.
Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited:
4K Max are known for being very stubborn and having some issues, stick with the 4k and you will not go too far wrong. It has nothing to do with Tivimate or your VPN, the 4k Max (in my opinion) and also quite a few others have found out isn't all that it is made out to be!

4K Max are known for being very stubborn and having some issues, stick with the 4k and you will not go too far wrong. It has nothing to do with Tivimate or your VPN, the 4k Max (in my opinion) and also quite a few others have found out isn't all that it is made out to be!
You know what mate I think it must be as all the 4k I use 4 of them in my house and at least another dozen in friends and families homes I have helped set up have NEVER missed at beat 👌🏻

You could try changing the Stream Format to see if that helps! (Try Default) read HLS format is worth trying on the max 🤔 I will try that later this evening about the only setting I haven't changed forgot about it

I'll try HLS on his.... Anyone using a 4k Max smooth with tv mate.
Looking around seems the max is a bit of a biyatch with choppy playback

Using fs 4k max and it's perfect. Doesn't miss a beat. Mine as had a few updates last few weeks.

I'm using tivimate and getting 890mb to the stick over wifi

On firestick maxes they don't do well on hardware decoder
Switch to software decoder and it will fix your issue

Yes I am surprised it's a issue with it to be honest...
890mb over wifi😱
I bought another WiFi 6 router and gone with Vodafone 900mb package. Was with there 500mb and that was good for a few weeks then they offered me the 900mb package for like £10 quid more

On firestick maxes they don't do well on hardware decoder
Switch to software decoder and it will fix your issue
Was worse mate

I bought another WiFi 6 router and gone with Vodafone 900mb package. Was with there 500mb and that was good for a few weeks then they offered me the 900mb package for like £10 quid more
I've got BT gigabit but can't get 900mb on wifi wired yes but not wifi

I bought the Asus rt-axe7800 tri band... Had a few days now seems good. Sold my old one and put that towards this.

Had the Netgear rax80 before that use to reach 560-570

It's the AFR conflicts with motion flow on most modern smart TV's.
Switched it off in TV settings and went back to tivimate 👌🏻

Last edited:
Back