WOW what a box

Skim

My VU duo 2 box arrived Last week from WOS.

WOW what a box it is, first I installed a 3.5" HDD that I had spare but it was far too noisy so I went out to pc world (could not wait for Amazon) and purchased and installed a 2.5" Toshiba 1tb HDD which is silent and I was set up within a few hours.

Very fast and high quality box which I hope gives me years of service.

Was undecided between the Xtrend 10000 and this but glad I chose the VU as I like the screen on the front.

Started with an openbox , then a Zgemma 2s (which I still use in spare room) now I have the Rolls Royce in the VU+.

Last edited:
welcome to the club, it's a fantastic box, it was my first box and I'm finding out more and more things it can do. Have you got two separate tuners or the new hybrid one slot twin tuner version?

now you see why we recommend better boxes and what they can do,some people listen some dont enjoy the great times ahead.
let others know how much better it is as you had an openbox and zgemma and was it worth it:yes!::yes!:

welcome to the club, it's a fantastic box, it was my first box and I'm finding out more and more things it can do. Have you got two separate tuners or the new hybrid one slot twin tuner version?

Its a twin SAT on one internal card.

Triple sat tuner user here as can't get cable but have to say box is worth every penny I'd like to compare against gigablue quad some day only out of interest

I'm just about to buy a zero also to act as a slave in bedroom for the recordings and run a feed to it even though you don't have to

Mk picons a are a must for anyone with this box but sure you will all have them and latest update firmware is 3.2-005 if on vix team builds [emoji106]

Last edited:
Heard a lot people rave about confluence 1080 skin just not had chance put that on when so been busy recently

Triple sat tuner user here as can't get cable but have to say box is worth every penny I'd like to compare against gigablue quad some day only out of interest

I'm just about to buy a zero also to act as a slave in bedroom for the recordings and run a feed to it even though you don't have to

Mk pick a are a must for anyone with this box but sure you will all have them and latest update firmware is 3.2-005 if on vix team builds [emoji106]

WHAT?!?!?!? Your not buying the mighty zgemma???? Apparently it can do everything these can these can do lol. I'm a massive fan of the solo2, I have an ET10000 2xdvb-c and sat but still prefer my solo2's, the Zero is great box too.

OP glad you took advice and upgraded, now you will see why they are recommended, its like tyres, linglong are the same as michelin pilot 3's aren't they, they do the same thing?

Mk pick a are a must for anyone with this box but sure you will all have them and latest update firmware is 3.2-005 if on vix team builds [emoji106]

WHAT?!?!?!? Your not buying the mighty zgemma???? Apparently it can do everything these can these can do lol. I'm a massive fan of the solo2, I have an ET10000 2xdvb-c and sat but still prefer my solo2's, the Zero is great box too.

OP glad you took advice and upgraded, now you will see why they are recommended, its like tyres, linglong are the same as michelin pilot 3's aren't they, they do the same thing?

had a zgemma it lasted couple of weeks before i saw the error of my waysROFL if didn't have the duo2 it was the Et1000 and gigablue quad which value for money wise are an absolute bargain , all mates now upgrading from f5s/v8s etc to Zgemmas and they love them then they come to mine to collect them then they see the Duo2 lol

the gigablue hd ultra ue looks like it will give the solo2 a good run for its money

very true about the tyre comparison its a good one that (y)

All my mates same, come to collect their ibox/zgemma see mine and ask loads of questions, most now have solo2's, makes my life much easier too, no answering constant phone calls now, fancy a gigablue myself too....

Just picked up one of these and after using a Nokia dbox2 years ago I'm blown away even after only day 1.

well just got my duo2 combo to day it was a toss up with a Xtrend 10000 but the duo2 won
i must say it runs a lot faster than my duo did and that was fast
compared to the zgemma
i always say you get what you pay for

Back