Write Error message showing when recording on combo box?

channelking

Hi guys long time since I made a thread and hope the great people can help me out.

Basically I have tried a number of times to record a programme but the HDD in the box keeps coming with some write error messages.

Im thinking maybe my HDD is screwed as not sure what else could be wrong. Will be gutted if the HDD is dead now as can't afford to buy a new one atm.

But would appreciate any clarification on this issue and whether it can be fixed. I have reset the HDD on the VIX settings page but still same issue.

Thanks.

Download hdd guru low level formatting tool it's free.

Format the Hdd using the tool, when it's finished create a partition in windows, then hook it up to your box and initialise it.

If that doesn't work, it's probably knackered.

sounds as if your hdd might not be iniatilized and mounted causing issues.

Thats the thing mate I have iniatilized the HDD many times and tried to record something and it came up with write error message.

---------- Post Merged at 01:37 PM ----------

Download hdd guru low level formatting tool it's free.

Format the Hdd using the tool, when it's finished create a partition in windows, then hook it up to your box and initialise it.

If that doesn't work, it's probably knackered.

Would I need to put the HDD in an enclosure when connecting it to the pc to use HDD guru?

Also why would I need to create a partition in windows if I will be putting it back in the box after formatting?

I have no idea how the HDD has possible corrupted and im screwed then as I cant really afford to buy another one now.

Also why would I need to create a partition in windows if I will be putting it back in the box after formatting?

You can try it your way if you want lol

Yes if it's an internal Hdd you will need an enclosure

Mate if I try it my way Ill end up wrecking it for good lol.

I just dont know what you mean.

Thing is I havent got an enclosure and not sure if its worth buying if the HDD is corrupted.

Dont think I can connect internal HDD without encloure to PC.

So the exact message im getting when recording most things is "write error fail while recording. Disk Full"

Is it my box which has gone faulty or the HDD which is corrupt?

My HDD isnt even 5% full so dont get that message.

I'm having same had a external hdd installed everything fine for a week then in the file list it's telling me only got 730 mb so won't record just says write error wheni try to initialize hdd it says cannot forcibly mount really getting on my nerves

You could also try the suggestion in post#3

It has brought back a few Hdd's with various errors for me.

I have tried what dsayers has said however when re initialising I get error messages.

What does this mean then the HDD is dead?

I will finally try bees suggestion if still the same then will mean I have to buy a new HDD which I dont know if I will due to the prices.

If you've paused on a channel and leave it on that channel for a long time it will keep saving till you turn over the channel or press stop if you have timeshift save action on zap: ask user or don't save

Back