Xbox 360 Slim and LT+

nadhimali

i am a new xbox360 user
i have Xbox 360 slim and its playing copies with no problems
i tried assassins creed brotherhood and NFSHP2 and disc unreadable message shown ?
i google the problem and read about ap2.5 protection and the people waiting for LT+
and i think its released now

Can you help me to put this in my slim model
i didn't find and guide how to install LT+ OR AC or NFSHP2 patches in slim model

can i install the new iextream in slim model or not yet ?
do i need to take apart my 360 ? ( its playing copy and warranty sticker not broken )

anybody help with slim model ?

thanks

LT+ is released for FAT xbox 360's at the moment and not yet for the slim.
If you have tried to play a game with ap2.5 on firmware older than LT+ then youve probably flagged yourself for a ban!
Use xval and follow instructions and let us know what result you get.

I tried to boot my fat console with an ap25 game before i realised about the updated LT+ but i have now updated to it and im online, and playing happily? do you know how long it takes to be banned or if its going to happen would it have already banned me? iv been back online for 5 days any help greatly appreciated, i use my console to play originals and i back up the games i already own its a shame i have to do all this to play something i already own? if its legal for me to make a backup of anything i own then how else am i supposed to play it without altering FW as my disks dont last to long....not with two kids using them as frisbees lol

Mark

Mark, it can happen immediately or it can take a while. my understanding is that it is random checks, and you may or may not be checked on any day that you are online, if i am wrong, I am sure that axxxo or someone else will get back and explain better

As wheelo says it could happen anytime, there is no other way to back up your game and play it without altering the firmware, youll just have to use good ole guy called corporal punishment on those kids lol (just kiddin by the way)

I havent heard of anyone being banned as of yet which i find very strange although considering the way ps3 is being hacked at the moment anyone being banned may be more inclined to go down that road instead of back to xbox360 although there is a new product being worked on at the moment which will enable a very easy way by the looks of it to flash vis usb through laptop/desktop in conjunction with the ck3.

Did you use Xval from the last post i gave to se what result it gives?
Its quiet easy, install the program,input your consoles serial number and the X code in system settings and press enter, let us know the result.

Added after 2 minutes:

I should also mention that a new 0800 firmware is needed to backup games with ap2.5 protection which hasnt been released yet

Last edited:
As wheelo says it could happen anytime, there is no other way to back up your game and play it without altering the firmware, youll just have to use good ole guy called corporal punishment on those kids lol (just kiddin by the way)

I havent heard of anyone being banned as of yet which i find very strange although considering the way ps3 is being hacked at the moment anyone being banned may be more inclined to go down that road instead of back to xbox360 although there is a new product being worked on at the moment which will enable a very easy way by the looks of it to flash vis usb through laptop/desktop in conjunction with the ck3.

Did you use Xval from the last post i gave to se what result it gives?
Its quiet easy, install the program,input your consoles serial number and the X code in system settings and press enter, let us know the result.

Added after 2 minutes:

I should also mention that a new 0800 firmware is needed to backup games with ap2.5 protection which hasnt been released yet

i did what you sad mate

i put the S/N
and the X

and this is what is shown

dycrypted x value : 0000000000000001
result : Failed AP25 Challenge

what does this mean ?

failed ap2.5 challenge is the anti piracy measure on the new discs with ap2.5
Basically means what happened when the game wouldnt boot for you, the anti piracy measure challenged thhe drive and it failed.
Its definitely flagged for a ban im afraid.
I wouldnt play it online anymore, use it as offline only or whenever it does get banned it will corrupt your gamertag and ban the xbox or it might even ban your profile from being used again, all those achievments down the drain.
Havent heard of them doing that before but who knows what could happen this time round.
If the xbox does get banned it will corrupt any gamertag you attach to it so take it offline straight away and hope santa gets you a new one for xmas :)

failed ap2.5 challenge is the anti piracy measure on the new discs with ap2.5
Basically means what happened when the game wouldnt boot for you, the anti piracy measure challenged thhe drive and it failed.
Its definitely flagged for a ban im afraid.
I wouldnt play it online anymore, use it as offline only or whenever it does get banned it will corrupt your gamertag and ban the xbox or it might even ban your profile from being used again, all those achievments down the drain.
Havent heard of them doing that before but who knows what could happen this time round.
If the xbox does get banned it will corrupt any gamertag you attach to it so take it offline straight away and hope santa gets you a new one for xmas :)

:-) thanks axxxo you are really helpful .
I'm not using xbox360 for online anyway, actually I'm a PlayStation gamer and this is my first time with 2 hours to red lights of death machine :-)

I have never tried my 360s online ?
and never connect it on my ADSL

so how i get banned ?

about the ap2.5
can i do something to play the games like NFS HP 2 or assassins creed brotherhood ?
do i need to wait for LT+ for slim version to play thr new games ?

Last edited:
Yes there isnt a firmware other than lt+ that will enable the xbox to play ap2.5 games.
The new ap2.5 challenges the drive and on an incorrect response will not allow the game to be played.
If you dant play online at all then you have nothing to worry about (although your missing out)
Are you sure you have the 360 slim version and not an elite?
If you have an elite then the firmware is already out for that model.
There is no firmware out for the slim at the moment!
Sorry for the late reply by the way dunno how i missed this!

Yes there isnt a firmware other than lt+ that will enable the xbox to play ap2.5 games.
The new ap2.5 challenges the drive and on an incorrect response will not allow the game to be played.
If you dant play online at all then you have nothing to worry about (although your missing out)
Are you sure you have the 360 slim version and not an elite?
If you have an elite then the firmware is already out for that model.
There is no firmware out for the slim at the moment!
Sorry for the late reply by the way dunno how i missed this!

yes i have the slime version ( the black xbox with shiny and capacitive buttons )
OK i think we need to wait until we get something released for slim
thanks

just heard that there is a new firmware entering the final dev phase for the 4 gig 360. Soon the slim 4 gig will be free too....oh wait for the day

yeah their working fulltime on the slim versions at the mo, hopefully can be done without any additional hardware!
Finishing touches being made to hitachi LT firmware, was supposed to be released this weekend but its still a bit buggy.

for the info. I hope there is no need for additional hardware. My old xbox is on it's second rrod. It's getting a new board but I am paying someone to do it since my box is out of warrenty.

This is such a great community. I am thinking of jailbreaking my PS3 and last night I updated from firmware 3.15 to 3.41. Now I need to find the USB stick needed and I need to find out what are the drawbacks to jailbreaking. Like will the blu Ray still work and will it be jailbroken forever or can I factory reset it. Will it be able to start if the USB dongle is not there cause I want to play off a DVD instead. Or how do I get a really big 40 gig game on the ps3 from my external drive. Man I have a lot of questions

I have an unflashed rrod myself. well i had, hopefully it will work now.
I had tried Xecuters rrod repair kit on it which worked at first for about 3 days then it rrod'd again, i took it apart again to redo the repair and i just couldnt get it going again.
Yesterday i bought a black and decker heat gun for 40 euro, i gave that motherboard a good blast with it around the gpu cpu, after cleaning them to a mirror finish of course.
I then put it back together with fresh thermal paste on the chips and throwing away the xecuter repair kit and put the xclamps back on, started up straight away and went great for about two hours until i had to go to the pub:)
Going to give it heavy use over the next few days, might do the 12volt fan mod to keep it running cooler or i might get the talismoon whisper legacy fan but a test is needed before i pump out anymore cash!
Im not dissing xecuters repair kit, just didnt work for me, hasnt worked for others either but it has worked for some.

I orininally did the bolt mode but I'dt still didn't work. I did he towel trick with no solid luck. I finally had it reflowed and that worked for about a month and it failed so I was gonna have it reballed but found that after the reball the thing only stress tested for an hour and failed. So f allyi am getting a new motherboard. These things suck! I ish the ps3 had better games. So that's why I really want a 4 gig mod

Back