xbox live just got banned

dogmanpit

i have been playing a game i have been playing for 2 weeks and today out of nowhere i got band the game was call of juaress i stealth checked it and abgx passed it i don’t know what happened any advice

sounds like you may have been shutdown by microsoft! they killed loads of accunts yesterday, straight after they release MW2 lol! epic.

apparently once you are banned - you are banned for good fron xbox live - wouldn`t that be through your ip address?

Yes i have not been on in a week or so then yesterday i get on and next thing you know i get a window saying i got band from Xbox live

the thing is i don’t understand how it happened i never play a game that dose not pass with abgx do they have a way of knowing now if a 360 has been mod.

i thought they could only tell if it has been modded once the ring of death has happened? have you ever had that? although you can change it back before a repair microsoft will be able to tell. i think they would have known for a long time, they have just waited until MW2 has been released.

This is the reason you were banned

"call of juaress" you were a silly billy and played this before it was released, that is how loads of poeple got caught out! noobs! (y)

I'm afraid, playing on XBOX Live will only be possible after you purchase a new XBOX, these bans are permanent as said by Knot and will not be unbanned.

no i don't down load games i back them up my self all my back ups are original games so no call of Jaures has been out since 6/29/09 i didn't start to play it till 10/21/09 never had ring of death never had any issues till last night my concern is how did they find out !! i am going and geting a new 360 on friday i just dont want it to happend again

Last edited:
I'm sure you cant play backed up games without having a modded XBOX? so i'm guessing they must have verified that your XBOX is modded and must've just banned you from XBOX Live.

some say they detected the firmware, others say its bad backups or else you have been flagged for playing different regions so on so forth, know one knows is the real legitimate answer!

Console is banned but gamertag isnt haowever your gamertag is still flagged i would imagine so the likely hood of getting another console and modding with the same gamertag is only begging to get banned again.

Paste2: Next Generation Pastebin - Viewing Paste 511160

check above link to find if your console has been banned or not and follow any advice given.

I too have been banned as many of my friends have and we have taken the utmost care not playing games before they are relaesed, passing them through abgx v1.0.2 (even codmw2!) so who do we trust? nobody knows!

All we are told at the moment is to wait for the new ixtreme firmware LT (Lite Touch) for all drives to be released which has no ETA at the moment.

thank you axxo for shedding some truth to this extremely mis-understood problem.

here is a faq for you all.

1. this is a massive ban wave
2. rrod has nothing to do with it
3. atm we are not sure what is causing it, but c4eva is leaning towards fw. shhh... ;)
4. an xbox is unbanable if you know wtf you are doing, dont ask me, because if you dont know you wont be able to do it. lets just say it requires some soldering, a brain, and $ and isnt worth the expense
5. the gt bans were for playing games before the release of mainly forza 3, which is the same time the console bans started occuring, causing mass hysteria and confusion. the gt bans a pretty much over.
6. unpluging your your eathernet cable, and removing your hard drive will not save you so dont bother.
7. reverting to orig. fw will not save you, so dont bother.
8. changing the clock and everything else will not save you, so dont bother.
9. cross your fingers and hope it dosnt happen to you.

Back