XML / Web TV

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

I have just set up an openbox V8, line is fine, downloaded 7 day EPG, all good.

In the menu there is an XML TV section with a load of channels pre installed so it looks as if they are streaming channels off the net.

When I press one I get nowt showing.

I was wondering, do they work ? if so how do I get them running.

Also, and probably more importantly, is there anything on there worth watching if I try to get them working lol

Any help is always appreciated,

cheers

bees

I had a play around with webtv on a V6 box myself. Delete the pre-installed list. I couldn't get any to work either. I searched the web for some free m3u lists just to see what they are like.

I was disappointed with most of the results, but for free I couldn't complain.

I then tried a test line from a pay server & was really impressed with the speed of channel change & quality (I only have 5mbps download). I noticed that a lot of the channels had no sound as I repoerted in this thread:-

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/71497-no-sound-some-webtv-streams.html

It would be interesting to see if you get the same sound problem on the V8. I assume you will, as it uses the same firmware.

As for "is there anything worth watching", there are servers offering every single channel on the planet!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, that's all I need to know,

I had no intention of using a pay server to be honest, they seem quite expensive.

I was flicking through the menus to see what was new from my old F5 box.

I just seen I load of channels listed which I hadn't heard of and was wondering
what they where.

The day I got the V8s all the movies have changed frequency, typical !!

Back to loading channel lists again with this box lol

Last edited:
Yep. IPTV pay servers are very expensive compared to cable or sat. I'm not that interested myself. I only really bought the V6 to try out the webtv for my sister, who's moving into a flat with no communal dish or cable.

I wanted a box that was easy to use, so thought I would try the V6. Unfortunately it has the sound problem on some channels. I wonder if it can be fixed with a firmware upgrade?

Next step is to try an Android box.

I bought a blade streaming box a while back using XBMC, I assume it will be similar to android type boxes, was ok to be honest but
if you wanted to keep all the links working there seemed to be a lot tinkering involved.

Bought a little hand held keyboard to make things easier to navigate, that came in very handy.

But unfortunately I lost interest and now it's gathering dust lol

Back