XMLTV issue again sinc clocks went forward!

Madarse

Has anyone else had this problem rear its ugly head again? Since the firmware fix was brought out last year this has been fine. Updated a couple of days ago with no issues but this morning it keeps failing again.
Cleared everything off my hard drive in case something was corrupt and now it won't even try to download, just saying channel download failed.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

posted the above yesterday on the thread which related to the original problem that was solved by the firmware update. Since the clocks went forward it no longer allows me to update the epg on my F5s. Everything fine before yesterday,

am i I the only one to experience this new 'download failed' issue??

Hi mate,
I have the v8 so should be similar - at first I had this issue, updated the firmware, also tried the update from network (vid on YT) and just use this now to update channel list and firmware if needed.

I did have the epg thing initially, (summer clock can be altered in the settings obviously) mine is ok doing this still. I tried reinstalling the firmware, check network settings and it worked eventually.

Having said that, some nights the EPG has nothing in it and then next day back again.

Good luck

Thanks for your reply tv_fan_uk. I wasn't even aware there was a software update that allowed me to update the channels OTA, that's going to make things much easier, cheers bud (followed the instructions on YT)

I've downloaded the new firmware for the v5s (didn't even know that this was the new name for the f5s) and installed it no problem. Now however it won't recognise my hard drive. My android box won't recognise it either so I'm now wondering whether there's a problem with the powered hard drive (why is nothing ever simple??)

Anyway. I'll give it a rest and come back to it later but in the meantime, thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

That's done the trick tv_fan! I gave the hard drive a smack and it appears to have done the trick. The new firmware appears to have resolved the issue too.
Many thanks again for your help again bud. You're a legend!

No problem glad your sorted. My hard drive played up as well at first and wasn't reading it but after a reboot and USB in it started reading it.

Back