XMLTV Program download fail

Dead_dog

Attempted to update my XMLTV epg yesterday and it failed. Tried again today a couple of times and I keep getting the same error message "EPG download Failed". It does the channel update OK then goes, almost immediately, to this fail message. Is it just me? Whenever I've had problems in the past it has been during the decompressing stage but it doesn't get that far with this particular failure.

Cheers

Mine was the same. i fixed it by formatting the usb stick then downloading a new one from ajsat ( you can still access the site when it comes up as dodgy bt pressing details then continue to this unsafe site. I downloaded the one entitled `Openbox_v8s_network.abs` ive had no issues since i started using this one. Hope this helps.

Mine was the same. i fixed it by formatting the usb stick then downloading a new one from ajsat ( you can still access the site when it comes up as dodgy bt pressing details then continue to this unsafe site. I downloaded the one entitled `Openbox_v8s_network.abs` ive had no issues since i started using this one. Hope this helps.
So your downloading a new image that you need to flash in order to get the epg working again? Or is this the actual epg with all the listings? And just leave it on the drive?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Update uk programme guide

Yes. Take everything of the usb n install on to it the one above. Then upgrade by usb. It's new firmware. Then when that's rebooted, update ur epg. Then if you like, you can go to update by network and update the latest programme guide.( make sure you use the uk update) When it's installed n rebooted go to the Irish section on a Saturday at 3pm down to Irish sky sports 5 and they'll be a live premier league match on every Saturday tho it's not afvertised in the epg.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Will back up settings before doing this. Your tip for the 3pm matches is worth it alone!

Must have had it already installed as I got a mismatch and I can already do the network update function. Just resetting the box and seeing if that fixes it.

Edit: ignore the above. Seems I was doing a shortcut update instead of the actual file itself.

Last edited:
I meant it was new to me. It did the trick anyway. I've also discovered this evening there's a bug in the uk epg update. It won't update correctly.

I had 2 Openbox and I've already replaced one with a Zgemma. I'll be doing the same also with the second one shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to resort to satellite epg as it still is not downloading the 7 day EPG. Reset box and formatted USB again also. No luck

Done the above, even tried a new USB. Can safely say, The problem is with the EPG.

I wonder who where the information comes from/ who updates it.

Same here, had the box for just over a month and the XMLTV EPG, although the annoying summertime bug, worked, but now wont update. I guess, whats the point in the EPG if its an hour out anyway?
Anyways, this is my first post so hi :)

Same here, had the box for just over a month and the XMLTV EPG, although the annoying summertime bug, worked, but now wont update. I guess, whats the point in the EPG if its an hour out anyway?
Anyways, this is my first post so hi :)

Hi!
Turn the summer time to off. The EPG time will be an hour out. BUT the info would be correct. Would need updating every seven days.

Just a shame it's failing to update - I'm not a fan of the satellite EPG.

Worked for me also. They must have fixed the issue thankfully.

Back