xmltv wont update

spacca

hi guys,

been using my v8s for a while now but today it wont let me update the EPG.

its just saying FEPG update success but still shows need update.

never had this before.

any ideas.

thanks.

Rebooted several times now. tried a different usb stick.
now its saying no date decompress failed.
had this a while back but just randomly worked again after a while.
maybe a serveer problem perhaps?

Having the same problem. Have tried reboot etc, but with no luck. Mine shows needs update after updating. Does anyone know of a problem with XMLTV EPG.

Having the same problem. Have tried reboot etc, but with no luck. Mine shows needs update after updating. Does anyone know of a problem with XMLTV EPG.

mine is still not working unless it is updating but for some reason not removing the need update status

***Using XMLTV Epg***
If you are going to or do use XMLTV Epg with your Channel List
please try an use a separate
usb memory stick /hard drive and best to use the front USB port if your box has one and it allows.
Why you may ask.....
If you are using the same USB for XMLTV and to update Channel list every time you remove your USB you basically remove XMLTV.
But what you may not realise is when you add XMLTV it burn flashes files onto your USB (normally blank TEST white files)
so failure to delete these on your pc/laptop can cause conflicts when you try to update XMLTV
Are you getting the Year 1903 issue this may be a fix
If you have removed your USB and deleted the white files before
re-adding your USB go to Epg settings and change from xmltv to satellite then exit menu back to Tv. Once you have re-added USB Now go back in to epg settings and change it back to xmltv. Download it and the date should be correct.

XMLTV Issue

I have tried various options but still can't get the XMLTV to work , I've still got the 1903 problem . Is it just down to the box being pants and a basic model. ? Would a firmware update work , if so, does anyone got one that works. Its a new box and reluctant to launch it out if the nearest window:whacko:. Can any help !:beg:Cheers all

Back