XStreamity keymap.xml map to possible?

Yes.
Yes.
The VOD and series have epg within xstreamity on my system.

It would be so much easier if someone could just answer my original question rather than just asking me question after questions as to why I want to do it this way!

I am an enigma2 newbie but I have a lot of experience when it comes to automation logic and user interface screens. The best systems are easy for both experts and someone picking up the control for the first time to use. In my opinion the way I wish to do this would work best for our use case.

I was hoping someone would have wanted to keymap to start a plugin before, but I guess not.
You guess correctly.
You want to launch a plugin from the epg.
The epg is blank.
Not required or needed by anyone ever otherwise it would have been done

You guess correctly.
You want to launch a plugin from the epg.
The epg is blank.
Not required or needed by anyone ever otherwise it would have been done
The epg is not blank. I'm talking about the main TV epg screen which has the epg for whichever bouquet you are currently in. From there I would like to be able to launch the Xstreamity plugin to download anything we need of catch-up.

I am genuinely mystified as to why this seems so bizarre and off the wall to everyone else!

The epg is not blank. I'm talking about the main TV epg screen which has the epg for whichever bouquet you are currently in. From there I would like to be able to launch the Xstreamity plugin to download anything we need of catch-up.

I am genuinely mystified as to why this seems so bizarre and off the wall to everyone else!
Why can't you use the catch-up in jedimaker?

When you say "main EPG screen" , what do you actually mean? Can you please post a picture? EPG is a term people use in different/wrong context.

If you mean the grid EPG, you will probably have to edit one of the python files. Perhaps add a new EPG action and then set it as a custom function. But as mentioned earlier, you will lose it on software updates unless you chattr/lock the file.

enigma2/EpgSelectionBase.py at Developer · OpenViX/enigma2

enigma2/EpgSelectionGrid.py at Developer · OpenViX/enigma2

This is the actual commit that Simon Capewell made to allow customising the buttons
Customisable buttons in the EPG · OpenViX/enigma2@c4bee34

I could do but that doesn't offer the option to download the programme, only watch it "live" (unless I've missed a hidden option somewhere)

99% of the time we don't want to watch the catch up there and then we are just using it to download episodes that we've missed the recording of for whatever reason and will then go back and watch the series in order from the recordings list.

When you say "main EPG screen" , what do you actually mean? Can you please post a picture? EPG is a term people use in different/wrong context.

If you mean the grid EPG, you will probably have to edit one of the python files. Perhaps add a new EPG action and then set it as a custom function. But as mentioned earlier, you will lose it on software updates unless you chattr/lock the file.

enigma2/EpgSelectionBase.py at Developer · OpenViX/enigma2

enigma2/EpgSelectionGrid.py at Developer · OpenViX/enigma2

This is the actual commit that Simon Capewell made to allow customising the buttons
Customisable buttons in the EPG · OpenViX/enigma2@c4bee34
This is the EPG screen I mean. As you can see I've already modified it to show the actual buttons on our remote that you need to press for prev/next bouquet, view and record.

My plan is to have, in the space at the bottom right of the screen, something like "Play (or an image of the play button) to open catch up" which then opens Xstreamity.

Thanks very much for the links you posted, I will have a look through them today and see if I can crack this.

20230504_091301.jpg

That is the Grid EPG. The files I mentioned are what you need to edit. To reword what you are wanting to do:
Edit the Grid EPG to allow invoking/calling a plugin.

There are built-in processes for invoking IMDB and EPG search. So look at copying/modifying those and then adding them to the list of configurable actions. They may be re-used in infobar EPG screens, so double check for adverse effects.

Good work on your skin work! There is a guide to taking screenshots on forum if you want to make use of it. Link in my signature.

Last edited:
That is the Grid EPG. The files I mentioned are what you need to edit. To reword what you are wanting to do:

Edit the Grid EPG to allow invoking/calling a plugin.

There are built-in processes for invoking IMDB and EPG search. So look at copying/modifying those and then adding them to the list of configurable actions. They may be re-used in infobar EPG screens, so double check for adverse effects.

Good work on your skin work!

There is a guide to taking screenshots on forum if you want to make use of it. Link in my signature.
Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction. (y)

I've been looking at those areas you linked to but have decided that it's probably too far out of my comfort/knowledge zone to start messing about in those files. The screen and keymap xml files I am reasonably happy to change but not those python files. So I'm not letting "perfection be the enemy of the good" and am just going with what I have before I properly break something!

But just by trying I've learned a lot more about the system generally, so it hasn't been wasted time.

He wants to record catchup not possible in jedimaker but even his idea I do not think is possible select channel in epg in main bouquets then go to catchup channel in xtreamity to record and even if he should be asking jedimaker , xtreamity developer

He wants to record catchup not possible in jedimaker but even his idea I do not think is possible select channel in epg in main bouquets then go to catchup channel in xtreamity to record and even if he should be asking jedimaker , xtreamity developer
I wasn't expecting to go to the channel selected in the epg directly within XStreamity. I just wanted a shortcut button on the epg grid page to open XStreamity and then find the catch up or VOD to download from there. But I've discovered that it isn't as straightforward as I hoped, so have given up on the idea, for now at least.

I wasn't expecting to go to the channel selected in the epg directly within XStreamity. I just wanted a shortcut button on the epg grid page to open XStreamity and then find the catch up or VOD to download from there. But I've discovered that it isn't as straightforward as I hoped, so have given up on the idea, for now at least.
Forget xstreamity what you should be asking developer is can if possible could you make it possible to download catchup channels from jedimaker bouquets in new version development has stopped on older one.

Forget xstreamity what you should be asking developer is can if possible could you make it possible to download catchup channels from jedimaker bouquets in new version development has stopped on older one.
I agree that would be the perfect solution.

Whist its not feasible to go straight from EPG there is a simple option. I have set blue button to launch Extreamity from main screen so all thats required when in epg is to hit "back" or "exit" before "blue".

Whist its not feasible to go straight from EPG there is a simple option. I have set blue button to launch Extreamity from main screen so all thats required when in epg is to hit "back" or "exit" before "blue".
He wants to have a button in the Grid EPG labelled Catchup that will launch the catchup secton of XStreamity.

He wants to have a button in the Grid EPG labelled Catchup that will launch the catchup secton of XStreamity.
Yes time for someone to do some scripting only way I can think it would be possible keypress launch xstreamity other keypress green button to select playlist hopfully only one then other to launch playlist green button again select catchup but not so easy no actually defined coloured button to launch that and not what I think he may be asking when on channel on main jedimaker bouquets go to such channel in catchup in xstreamity.

Back