zgemma 2s running slow and freezes ,whats best box

celticfc

TK Veteran
i have a zgemma 2s and find the box very slow , i use wooshbuild 5.3 and tried infinity for freeview with iptv app for watching / downloading and recording movies ect.
what i want to know is , what box can i buy that will be significantly faster changing channels , operating box ect.
when i load open atv 6.1 / wooshbuild the box crashes and can sometimes crash hdd when watchng a movie, i just find box slow to run on most images
want something faster
I would want it just for sky dish (no cable ) and to watch and record other channels
thanks for any info
cheers

depends on what you want to spend mate i had a 2s but now got h2s alot better also depends what internet speed you got ie for freezing issues i had issues using vod on the 2s so i thoght it was internet speed cos ive only got 8meg dl speed but the h2s sorted all problems

Well known for been slow are the old zgemma needing cacheflush and swapfile enabled,what about a twin sat + dvb/c/t for freeview?

Tiviar Alpha+ Plus Triple Tuner Combo Linux Engima 2 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x DVB-C/T/T2 PVR Receiver

Well known for been slow are the old zgemma needing cacheflush and swapfile enabled,what about a twin sat + dvb/c/t for freeview?

Tiviar Alpha+ Plus Triple Tuner Combo Linux Engima 2 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x DVB-C/T/T2 PVR Receiver

never heard of these boxes , but i was wanting the cardshare/iptv streaming option
thanx

never heard of these boxes , but i was wanting the cardshare/iptv streaming option
thanx
There are hundreds of Enigma2 boxes out there. £99 for the one Cacti mentions looks very good to be fair. If the Formuler F1 was still being sold I would say go for that but it isn't.

The 1.3GHz dual-core will seem 10 times faster than your 2S box and although you could plug an external USB HDD to your 2S with this you can fit an internal HDD which will make the box perform even quicker.

The spec of the above box is twice as fast as the H2S, but also double the price.

Both will run Sat & IPTV.

There are hundreds of Enigma2 boxes out there. £99 for the one Cacti mentions looks very good to be fair. If the Formuler F1 was still being sold I would say go for that but it isn't.

The 1.3GHz dual-core will seem 10 times faster than your 2S box and although you could plug an external USB HDD to your 2S with this you can fit an internal HDD which will make the box perform even quicker.

The spec of the above box is twice as fast as the H2S, but also double the price.

Both will run Sat & IPTV.

thanx do u know where the best place to buy 1 is
thanx again

can anyone tell me what a hybrid tuner is for , what it does
also is this the box you mean cactikid / wooshman ?

Last edited:
I am not saying buy one, I am just saying MASSIVE SPEC FOR ONLY £99! PRICE tag is very good and you will be hard to match it.

Google Tiviar Alpha+

can anyone tell me what a hybrid tuner is for , what it does
Hybrid Tuner for receiving Cable or Terrestrial TV

I am not saying buy one, I am just saying MASSIVE SPEC FOR ONLY £99! PRICE tag is very good and you will be hard to match it.

Google Tiviar Alpha+

Hybrid Tuner for receiving Cable or Terrestrial TV

I am not saying buy one, I am just saying MASSIVE SPEC FOR ONLY £99

I value your expertise

very good guys as plenty of members have bought stuff,think i bought 8 or 9 as lost count.
get a 8gb usb stick also as handy if needing to flash an image onto box .
I use openvix for all my boxes,maybe later you might want to try another so usb is handy.

Back