1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zgemma H.2S Uncomfirmed ip address

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H.2S' started by JPOD2000, Dec 14, 2016.

1. JPOD2000

JPOD2000 Registered

Hi guys,
    I'm having a problem connecting to the internet using a wifi dongle at the moment. When I test the connection the first three options are green but when it comes to IP address and nameserver it says unconfirmed. I have been trying all evening but it won't work
    Any help is appreciated thanks

2. tcoaster

tcoaster Registered

Set the connection wired first then plug your dongle in change the active connection to WiFi so it can install the drivers. I have to do that to mine everytime I reflash the box

3. itskenallen

itskenallen Registered

Ip unconfirmed means it's not receiving an ip address from ur router. Reboot ur router and try it again. Also, make sure u have WLAN selected by scrolling right on the remote and make sure DHCP is selected.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  4. JPOD2000

JPOD2000 Registered

Thanks for the help guys but unfortunately it won't work

5. itskenallen

itskenallen Registered

What dongle are u trying? A lot of wifi dongles don't work. The Edimax mini dongle with the Realtek chipset and the antenna type one with the Ralink chipset work well without much set up

Have u made sure it's working with ethernet first?

6. JPOD2000

JPOD2000 Registered

It's a ralink 5370 wifi dongle and the box works perfect when used with Ethernet. Dongle won't connect to iPhone hotspot either without showing unconfirmed up address

7. itskenallen

itskenallen Registered

I think that's the dongle I'm using myself. Doesn't need any drivers installed.

8. tomlee80

tomlee80 Registered

I have the same dongle. Setting a box up for a friend and the same issue. Unconfirmed IP address :( Am going to try uninstalling the driver and running it again.

9. JPOD2000

JPOD2000 Registered

Hi mate,
    I went for tp link homeplugs instead and they worked straight away after I had the same issue as you with the wifi dongle. Haven't had an issue since

10. tomlee80

tomlee80 Registered

I tried setting the router password to unencrypted on the zgemma, then restarting the box, before re-entering the WPA password and it finally worked. Home plugs are always the best option though. This is a box I'm building to specification though so glad I got it sorted!