Zgemma H.2S

Just awaiting delivery of a Zgemma H.2S to replace my Skybox which died a death last week and am hoping that I will be able to set it up myself (probably with a lot of help from this site). As a novice it seems quite complicated to set up but hopefully once I've read set up guides all will be well.

After been using the Amiko for the last 3 year I went and bought the Zgemma 2 days ago.
I read over the instructions TWICE lol and then started to set it up

Could not believe how easy it was to set up, just remember to read everything through and follow it to the point.

Good luck

Just wanted to agree with 8valia's post, I am new to the satellite receiver game & the sucumnsee build was a great way to hit the ground running

If my box is flashed can I just download this 2 a usb turn my box off put the usb in the box and it will download it itself

when your box comes it will have a stock image on it, this image is has not got everything you need loaded so the easiest thing to do is download the backup image you want to flash the box with, follow the instructions that come with it, as long as the USB that you are going to flash the box with is prepared properly & you place the zgemma folder on it the box should flash, OpenATV generally needs the front power button pushing as the box is powered on to start the flash process, OpenVIX generally will flash the box when powered on without need to push the front power button

Last edited:
very happy with my H.2s as i like to play about and see what does what i did land myself in bother but you soon learn how to do things, its only recently looking for best addons i came across this site, i wish i had thought to look for help when i was first messing about,

i found making a back up in the vix heleped if i changed to much and couldn't remember what i had done (2 kids fighting and general loudness i lose track easily haha) MENU/setup/vix/ back up manager/green button to make new back up.

it might depend what image you are running to be able to do that tho, i'm relatively new so dont shoot me if im wrong :)

flashing is very easy and less daunting than i thought, just make sure you have the right files on the usb, i spent an hour trying yesterday doing my dads box. turns out although i had the file on the usb stick when you open that the two files u need was in that so you need just them on the stick rather than in a folder, i do hope that makes sense

compared to 15 mins to do mine today which included sorting epg and bouquet to what i want and add what addons i wanted.

anyway i hope you enjoy your box

Last edited:
Back