Cable ZGemma H1 box arrived, vm cable setup help

Professor

Hi all box arrived today flashed with sucmnsee's great Vix image.

Stage one complete.

USB/swapfile all set up no probs.

Now 1st setback

Gone to tuner B and enabled it, set netID, done
Cable connected via RF connector in tuner B, done (correct connection right?)
In AutoBouguets maker: I have turned VM UK on everything else is default.

Then I scan I get...

It says scanning VM with no results then on to Sky scan which finds 368 videos and some radio, (is this odd/normal considering no sat connected?) then an autoboughetsmaker error saying Timeout for tuner lock.

The only step I missed out from sucmnsee's setup guide was editing my 2 files in usr/keys with DCC as I dont have a line yet. Could this be causing scan fail? I am under the impression that I should be able to scan and get the FTA as a test of the setup.

Im still reading up atm but any idiot guides for cable set up welcome, or any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Its gona be something Im unaware of for sure. lol

Thx

e2a School boy error, set the provider..Doh.

Last edited:
Hey nat thanks for popping in again, much appreciated... I found the problem in my tuner set up, didnt select provider, doh, missed that, it was on some random one Id not heard of. lol
Cable is scanning now wahoo.

So am I now basically ready for a line? nline is the one recommended right?

Off to the request section shortly then. Can I ask how that works? Will I get members recommending me a provider or will providers get back to me directly?

One other thing I wanted to ask was during the footy matches is there an extra load on the server that may cause glitching etc, or if my test line is good off peak times as it were can I assume the line will be good for peak times?

Many thanks

I just got my Vgemma H1 box.. cant get any channels.. I have no idea where to start..

Im relatively new to this too Chap but found it straight forward enough. I used this method... Flashed box with image Tich posted, follow sucmnsee's instructions. After setting up the swap file then you deviate slightly from the tutorial as that is based on a sat setup. Setup your B tuner, enter your netid, (in 2 sections if I remember right so just have a look around) this can be got from your virgin box if you have one, if not lists are on the forum. Make sure you select provider before scanning as thats the stage I missed return to sucmnsee's set up guide for the rest and you should be good to go.

I havnt set up my line yet so cant comment on that in all confidence as yet but from my understanding you just drop your line into the newcamd.list file using DDC's ftp section and away you go.
Best of luck.

If anyone can confirm that last bit for me that would be great as I will be testing if/when my testline arrives. Thx.

Thanks all for your help, we are up and running. :) I just edited line into newcamd.list. I had to rescan in service searching and then rescan in ABM as I added my line after setup and all was good.

can anybody help me get setup please, ive followed the setup instructions given by scumnsee. ive set my netid to same as what was on my virgin tivo box and set provider to virgin uk but for some reason when i scan it isnt finding anything... been at this 2 days now can someone pleaaaase give me some help plz, it finds no channels when i auto scan and get timeout failed when scan auto boutique. anyone know where i am going wrong???

Go into your tuner configuration and disable the satelllite and make sure tuner b is cable. Also stupid question you arent connecting your coaxial directly onto tuner a?

Been at this 2 days solid now im literally pulling my hair out, im going to take pics of how iv got it setup and my settigs can you tell me if im going wrong anywhere please

dbddfdc208a3518337e0e052203ab19b.jpg

Try scanning from Menu/Setup/Service Searching/AutobBouquesMaker/start scan... not automatic-scan or manual-scan

from the picture you have the cable input placed in tuner A (this is for sky). Cable Tuner is B (top left from where you have it now, also you will need an adapter to connect it)

Last edited:
Back