Zgemma H2S box for sky replacement

Hello Forum,

I do apologise if I ask anything that seems to be obvious, I am pretty new to the world of zgemma boxes.

I have noticed on Facebook a company called *********
They are offering zgemma H2s boxes for £130.00

I guess these are all pre-loaded with their software and all you have to do is plug and play whereas the zgemma's on here @ £79.99 I guess are blank???

Does anyone have any recommendations on which way to go for sky replacement i.e. just go to the pre-loaded or DIY??

Also I have read about the picture freezing up.
Is this a common feature for these boxes?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
ZGEMMAS come with a basic openatv image and with a certain amount of faffin will work.
If you buy a box and go for a ready made build such as Wooshbuild then by following the guide you could be up and running in 15 minutes.
Then for the SLY channels get some tests from the General Satellite Section request thread and purchase one you are happy with.
All done for less than £130 and it will work !!
You will also have learn't about the box during the setup process as well.

I bought a ready to go first but it is so easy to set up and there are loads of guides on here to do it from scratch. But for ease of use Wooshbuild is a good way to go. As long as you have a good line and a stable internet then you should get no more glitching than Sly. Once you get your head around it more you can then look at oscam with a few lines to help lost connections etc.
To be honest I have had more glitches on Freeview. Calculate how much overall it will save you and it does make the odd glitch less of an important issue.
Enjoy

The number of people on TK who have bought a plug and play from ebay or facebook with a 12 month gift/line and the line stops after a couple of months is scary, basically scammed.
As the lads above have said buy a blank box and do it yourself, loads of posts for zgemma and clued up people willing to help on the forum, plus you will have an idea about the workings of your box

Hey guys,

Many thanks.
I have just been watching a guy on YT do a setup using Wooshbuild.
Looked like a piece of cake.

Think I might just take the plunge, what is the worst that can happen?

Setting up a box yourself isn't to difficult if you follow the instructions in the Wooshbuild thread, if you're going for wooshbuild which I highly recommend, however if you're thinking of buying ready to go that includes all you need, then I have pm'd you some links

I know but just incase people did think that it was the same

Its great to get you up and running but half the posts on this forum are based of woosh. When you really do it from scratch you learn more

As already stated by by silver and others , do it from scratch , get to know your box , done it here myself , loads help here , great site , be brave take that step , you get there , good luck

Once you've done it on one box you've basically done it on them all as well as they all (aside from image differences, and even then the differences aren't huge) work the same way.

only ever used officially supported vix. however, the first time i set one up took no longer than 15 minutes. Just read through on of the guides on here it is fairly straight forward.

Back