1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZGemma H2s internet connection

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H.2S' started by Winniepop, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Winniepop

Winniepop Registered

HI all

apologies if this is a real numpty question, Im new at this.

In relation to connecting the zgemma box to the internet.... My router is in a different room, so I either get a long Ethernet cable, or....

connect via wifi. My question is: Can I use my sky wifi dongle box to do this. If so, the box has a USB connection. I have just ordered a mini usb (male) to Ethernet (female) cable. I would then plug in a yellow Ethernet cable in the normal way. Would this work? It will allow the physical connection of the wifi dongle to the zgemma box but will it connect with this type of connection?

or any other alternatives?

Massive thanks for any help!

2. matieboy

matieboy TK Veteran

I believe if it's one of the old type oh sky wifi adapters then you can, which I think are powered independently, you could buy a pair of homeplugs, I've been using tp link, from Argos slash currys at £19.99, http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&a...ahUKEwipz7e1gfbQAhWGJsAKHRMIDj4QzzkIDA&adurl=

or you could but a mini wifi adapter from fleabay and just plug it in the front of the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk