ZGemma SKY-Q

Marccyaka

Hi guys,

I am currently running a ZGemma on a old WooshBuild.

I have downloaded the must up to date version so I can view with the Sky Q skin. If I flash my ZGemma with this will I still have access to my Sky channels or do I have to do anything else?

Thanks in advance

The most important thing is that you ensure you have a copy of your line. This is the bit that gets you your sky channels.

You say old version so cannot be 100% sure your settings will work with the latest version of WooshBuild, but again, as long as you have a copy of your line somewhere safe away from your box things will be ok.

First thing to do is backup your settings: Blue button -> Backup settings. This gets saved to your USB Device in the box

Then, follow the instructions for flashing WooshBuild using the download you have. These are in the H2S section of the forum. When BaseBuild asks if you want to delete existing data from your USB SAY NO. This will then keep all of your recordings and you settings backup.

Once WooshBuild is fully flashed you can either import your line using thr USB cam importer if you are not bothered about your old settings and timers, or you can use WB Config (in plugins) to restore your settings backup.

1. Ensure you have a copy of your line safe somewhere
2. Backup your settings
3 Follow Wooshbuild v5 setup instructions

Good luck.

Hi Wooshman,

Thank you so much for your help. I feel confident enough now to give this a go.

Just one last question. Where will I find my line details?

They are in a folder on the box called /usr/lines

If you insert a normal USB stick into the box you could then use the Dream Explorer plugin to locate your line in the usr/keys folder and copy it to the USB device.
You can use FTP to copy the line across - filezilla is popular, or if you can see your box on your network, you can just use your computer to copy the line from the box. I use the computer network method for all file stuff.

Please don't flash until you are happy you have copied the line from the box to your computer or USB stick though.

You could just install SkyQ manually too as another option. WooshBuild has it all there, but you don't have to update to get SkyQ. Chabs has instructions in his first post for SkyQ

I would say WooshBuild v5 as it is built for easy everything, but if you are happy with your box running as it does just install SkyQ. You won't get the toppicks without some faffing though but will with WooshBuild v5

Hi,

My first ZGemma worked spot on 2 Cline were in the config.

My second ZGemma hasn't worked for some reason 1 NLine. Followed the same steps.

Any ideas?

Well you say about clines with one box having 2 and the other having 1. WooshBuild has CCcam.cfg and newcamd.list - both empty but in place.

WooshBuild v5 on all boxes have these two files. So I am not sure what you mean.

Back