ZGemma-Star H.2S VS Kodi M8S

dylrees

Hi there,
I live with my brother and his fiancé and Sky has become too expensive. I've been living with them for about 2/3 weeks now and will be here for the foreseeable future. I have made them upgrade from standard copper-cable broadband to up-to 76mbps fibre-optic broadband that will be available in 3 days from the date of this post. I've also helped them choose a new TV that is 4K. Basically, I want as close to 4K media as possible and broadband speeds isn't a problem.

My brothers fiancé has a friend who told us about the ZGemma boxes that replace Sky and I researched it. She has a 1080p TV with a ZGemma Star 2S and a MQ Kodi box. From what I gather, the ZGemma can do what the kodi box does as well as replace satellite TV services, like Sky.

My question is, should we buy the ZGemma Star H.2S (plus 1TB exteral HDD) AND the Kodi M8S (plus 32GB Micro SD Card) OR only the ZGemma Star H.2S (+ 1TB external HDD)?

I already have access to movies through Showbox and torrents on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 64GB Dual-Sim that I can easily stream straight to the TV, as all smartphones in the house are Samsung and the TV is too.

Sorry for the long and mostly pointless post but I appreciate any and all advice/support.
Thank you,
from Dylan.

The version of kodi available on the h2s (kodi direct) is pretty crap when compared to kodi running on a android box. If you want to run kodi as well as a zgemma your going to want a separate box to do it on

if you can get cable in your house then this would be best as zgemma h2h box will get you all hd channels, But if you only have sky then zgemma h2s will do the job but all sky channels will not be hd, As siad kodi is not good on zgemma boxs but you can get a plugin called iptv wich imo is better then kodi

Look at getting a mag 254 box for iptv as you will get most of the sky package and bt ect all in HD as well but you will need fibre broadband to avoid any drop out but as your having it fitted no worrys

if you've got a Samsung TV - you might want to look at installing 'SMART IPTV'.. should be able to get a free trial and then just get a subscription for it (search: IUDTV) - you'll then be able to stream HD channels direct to your TV and use existing remote etc... normal streaming drawbacks apply - i.e. load on servers, speed of line etc.. so check service providers etc.. (most will give you a free trial or will let you buy a month subscription at c£9 first)..

IMO the gemma h2s with Kodidirect is crap. It keep freezing and refusing to reboot the box. Sometimes the box reboots but then i have lost all channels except FTA (free to air channels). I have to cold boot the box and wait about 20 sec but then all is okay. I use a dongle with Kodi installed by myself. Zgemma H2S box is great with no issues at all and is far better than Openbox V8S or V9S IMO.
Good luck

My advice would be buy an H.2S if you have a sly connection with two wires? (If not get a H.2H if you have Virmin media) Iptv is good enough on there but you may have to search a lil more for a film or tv show than normal on Kodi, or buy a fire tv stick as well, you will then have the best of both worlds & still save yourself plenty of money. Kodi is so easy to put on a android device nowadays so fill ya boots & save some wonga.

sent from the past using my Zx Spectrum

M8S does NOT compete with a Zgemma box!

i have both, m8 in my bedroom and zgemma in my living room ;)

Back