ZGemma-star his box and r them any good for cable

Well there is a free version called Linux.

Then it is simple, just write your own operating system.
thumbs%20up.gif

After you put in all the hard work and somebody comes along and copies it
how would you feel ?

It's called "openVix" for a reason

As i said before you do not hear the other teams moaning it's like the vix team has mentality of a cooperation and they are losing millions

Bees I think you got the wrong end of the stick mate am with you on this, What I was getting at was the software which the person who buys a clone box, puts it on to there clone at there own risk and bricks it, cause they don't know what they have brought, The cause of it is the security drivers for the different boxes to protect there designs, then they want help from us to get it fixed. I use to write software for a living and it become more and more security coding to protect the software from being copied resulting in higher costs.

People keep buying these boxes for a saving of £20 and fine that 2 to 3 months down the road it will not boot up. cause they done a couch update. are they been messing. Now it becomes a expensive door stop. But they just keep on buying then.

LOL ibox can be had for £50-£70 it is a clone of you said Golden Interstar Xpeed well they retail for £130+ hardly £20 now is it.

I think you are forgetting Vix is free it's open to anyone to work on so it is different to say Windows which is not freeware/open source big difference so people moaning that a cloner company is doing things to it then tough luck they have done nothing wrong so again comparing linux to windows is wrong a better compare would be osx and windows.

I do love how people come out with so much rubbish about these boxes will only last a few month blah blah blah if anything was going to go wrong it would be the power pack which can be replaced the other issues tend to be user error.

Also like to point out I have looked at the spec of the zgemma boxes and all the other current so called top end boxes they all are nothing special spec wise so i really do not see what the point is your are trying to make the difference is these zgemma boxes are around the correct price range the others are double for what reason GREED

Last edited:
Well there is a free version called Linux.

Then it is simple, just write your own operating system.
thumbs%20up.gif

After you put in all the hard work and somebody comes along and copies it
how would you feel ?

It's called "openVix" for a reason

As i said before you do not hear the other teams moaning it's like the vix team has mentality of a cooperation and they are losing millions

Bees I think you got the wrong end of the stick mate am with you on this, What I was getting at was the software which the person who buys a clone box, puts it on to there clone at there own risk and bricks it, cause they don't know what they have brought, The cause of it is the security drivers for the different boxes to protect there designs, then they want help from us to get it fixed. I use to write software for a living and it become more and more security coding to protect the software from being copied resulting in higher costs.

People keep buying these boxes for a saving of £20 and fine that 2 to 3 months down the road it will not boot up. cause they done a couch update. are they been messing. Now it becomes a expensive door stop. But they just keep on buying then.

LOL ibox can be had for £50-£70 it is a clone of you said Golden Interstar Xpeed well they retail for £130+ hardly £20 now is it.

I think you are forgetting Vix is free it's open to anyone to work on so it is different to say Windows which is not freeware/open source big difference so people moaning that a cloner company is doing things to it then tough luck they have done nothing wrong so again comparing linux to windows is wrong a better compare would be osx and windows.

I do love how people come out with so much rubbish about these boxes will only last a few month blah blah blah if anything was going to go wrong it would be the power pack which can be replaced the other issues tend to be user error.

Also like to point out I have looked at the spec of the zgemma boxes and all the other current so called top end boxes they all are nothing special spec wise so i really do not see what the point is your are trying to make the difference is these zgemma boxes are around the correct price range the others are double for what reason GREED

Actually the reason original hardware costs more is because they spend millions on research and development, licenses and driver development all for the benefit of the users, the cloners just steal what they want and never ever give any thing back to the users but cheaply made shite.. and yes ViX is open source and any one is free to base their image on the work done by ViX, many do, but no one has the rite to claim ViX support but the ViX image team regardless of what smart arsed arguments you would like to make.

Lets face it, we are all using stuff off big corporations because we can't afford their prices, so I understand why people
go down this route, but give credit where it is due, if it wasn't for some very clever programmers people like us wouldn't get the benefits
of their work.

Pick pocketing good people just doesn't cut it with me.

Last edited:
I do love how people come out with so much rubbish about these boxes will only last a few month blah blah blah i

See the F3-F5-F6 / Openbox section and the Cloud Ibox section lol

So are you saying they must all be completely thick or have dodgy power packs !! :laughing:

Or maybe there is another problem

Same old reply from phoenix-vix i would expect the poor companies who spend so much to create these old out of date hardware boxes give it a rest (you can get more advanced mobile phones cheaper then a lot of the original boxes with far better hardware plus they would have to do everything you listed) why are you working on free project with this attitude you sound so much like American corp guy. (What is the big deal with this Vix support if it's you are getting bad name because clones don't work with the software then what does it matter it's free and simple solution is why not do a deal like others have to support cloners that do have so sort of quality control)

Lets face it, we are all using stuff off big corporations because we can't afford their prices, so I understand why people
go down this route, but give credit where it is due, if it wasn't for some very clever programmers people like us wouldn't get the benefits
of their work.

Pick pocketing good people just doesn't cut it with me.

I have no problem giving credit it was never about that it's about how the openvix guys are making out people are ripping them off and then coming out with stupid excuses (why do they not just then sign a deal with a box provider and just become a paid software this is the way the attitude appears to be)

I do love how people come out with so much rubbish about these boxes will only last a few month blah blah blah i

See the F3-F5-F6 / Openbox section and the Cloud Ibox section
loll.gif

So are you saying they must all be completely thick or have dodgy power packs !!
laughing.gif

Or maybe there is another problem

Again a lot of issues can be users fault I see it everyday it can be something as simple as people having the plug socket switch on when putting the plug in on the box end all silly little things can happen but you get the never my fault faulty equipment.

every company has faulty products with most companies they try to keep it under 2% which if you produce 1 million units that is still 20 thousand faulty units but with the internet now people jump on to moan only.

Last time I checked the openbox/F series box are not clones so I do not see what the point of that is and well the problem with iboxes are you have the original air sat who produced them and then loads of others so this is an example were I would agree cloning can be a bad thing at times.

Last edited:
i see a number of vips are getting those boxes and will give their honest verdict as they have been around many boxes ,and it wont be user error that kills them.to be decided lol

forgot to ask about recording to nas drive via network possible?

i see a number of vips are getting those boxes and will give their honest verdict as they have been around many boxes ,and it wont be user error that kills them.to be decided lol

forgot to ask about recording to nas drive via network possible?

You should be about to mount a network drive and use it.

Had one now since first samples sent out. Great box. So to avoid the obvious argument here try it with one of the officially supported images to see if it meets your needs. I believe a good few people have switched from some form of vix to atv with these boxs and are happy.

Looks like people who said vix would never support this box were wrong ��
vix do not support this box its hacked img to make it work on it who knows maby 2 3 years down the line
it may brick the box

Last edited:
Back