Zgemma star s, no initialization choice in settings

shez

My box is running openvix when i put a usb stick in the back of the box when i go into settings there is no choice for picking initialization the option is simply not there. The box boots up saying it is a star s2 but i am sure it is just the star s. I can only screw one part of the cable line into the back of the box leaving one part of the cable loose, so i am sure it means i have the star s and not the s2 as it says during boot up.
Is there another way i have to use to initialize the thumb drive i have.
I want to be able to pause rewind using the thumb drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. i am a total newbie so lots to learn. i have done lots of searching and googled to death and cannot find an answer.
all i ever see when searching for answer is click on initialization, getting me down a bit. i wish i had of bought the Zgemma Star H.2S it seems a great box and i like the idea of it taking a 128gb sd card with no messing about.
Is it worth upgrading my box?
Still need answer on problem though please. Thank you...

Thanx for the replys. It is a Sony 8gb. I have formatted it using windows to fat 32, also done a ntfs ands also done an ext 3. The one thing i can say is if i put the usb in the back of the box it has been recognized and given me the correct size without doing anything more than plugging it in.
It tells me it needs to be formatted to ext 3 or 4 even though it has been done as such by third party software. Then i was not able to find and iinitialization choice in any settings what so ever.
when i go into menu then setup then system once in system this is my choices in order
a/v settings
Auto language selection
customise
channel selection settings
EPG
Front display panel
HDMI CEC
Input devices (for remote controls only)

Nothing else. Anyway the first time i plugged it in the box i ignore the message to format and such as i could not find it. i was able to record but not pause and rewind. Not sure if i had to do something else for that. plus my epg went crap and i do not get good epg any more. I have no usb drive in the box now. ll works well but would realy like to be able to use a thumb drive for pause and rewind and such.
I have looked every were in the menu settings and there is no initialization choice at all. If i go into vix settings there is a mount manager and a swap manager.
I hope i have given enough or some more info to help me along with sorting this out. Thank you kindly for the replies already. I have got my stick reformatted again but last time it was plugged in said drive is full.
It is the no choice of initialization that bugs me and believe me it is not in any settings. i do not know if it is setup to recognize and initialize a usb to some point on its own.
Again thank you.

This is what I found on Google.If it turns out you have a star s which has a single tuner,I don't think you can pause and rewind.The model no should be on the front of the box.
or Vix.
When u get the drive pop it into pc.
do a quick format. Ntfs is fine.
turn box off.
insert and turn on hdd.
turn on box.
menu
Setup
system
storage devices
initialise
select the hdd
red button to initialise
menu
setup
vix
swap manager
blue to create.
select drive.
256mb. Wait
yellow to autostart
Green to activate
exit all
reboot.

Then check epg/rrecord/ttimeshift/ccrossepg/picon and ur plugins download paths are all set to ur /hdd.

If u use front usb for watching dl films etc I have found its a good idea to remove before rebooting so paths dont change.

0 x

To Leslie and the Sultan thank you for the replies. To the Sultan i will do what you have said. Yes it is a single tuner just the star s, it is on the front. Also found out (just) that i have to go into vix to mount manager to mount the drive. So with what you have told me and knowing about mount manager i should hopefully get this sorted.
Hoping it does pause for me, if not i will just upgrade my box and buy a better one. Any advice on a decent priced box would be great full.
Again thank you all kindly...

If you want a twin tuner go for the Zgemma H2S which is the latest model. As a personal preference,I have set up a few with Wooshmans Open Atv image but its your choice whether you use VIX or ATV

according to openvix zgemma are clones hence why you use a patched version and dont do a software online update
twin tuners plenty to choose from.

Edision OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Twin Tuner Digital Satellite Receiver HD 1080p PVR

Back