zgemma star s red light only

mrblue

My star s single tuner was bought direct from zgemma about 6 months ago. It always had a slow boot problem and sometimes would refuse to boot, requiring me to refresh. Now I've just got a red light on box display, have tried new image, boot loader and different power supply. No use. Zgemma told me to return it for repair but in skeptical and i have open the top casing to check components, i thought maybe front panel was loose or something...but having removed the casing warranty sticker is removed...

Is there anything that can be done, i can fix most things, so if its something doable id be inclined to sort it myself

Mine (star s)was a bit funny for re-flashing a new image. Vix didn't seem to work but atv worked fine. As with most things tho it was probably something I did. What process are you doing when you try to flash and does it show the boot display at all or only red light?

Now I've seen this mentioned on here once or twice before. I'm not taking the p**s here but have you tried pressing a few buttons on your remote control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The box needs to be jtagged and reflashed as its stuck and wont boot,Google NorfolkSR and the guy is mustard at repairing them,About £15 and takes about 2 days post and retuned

Last edited:
The box needs to be jtagged and reflashed as its stuck and wont boot,Google NorfolkSR and the guy is mustard at repairing them,About £15 and takes about 2 days post and retuned

i sent my box to him for the same reason, and i have no doubt he can fix most boxes but in my case it was the processor. that was knacked and he coudnt fix that.

If it is still in warranty and was bought direct from Zgemma, give them a call and explain the situation, they are human at the end of the day and approachable.

I know funds are tight at this time of year but would be worth asking about how much to trade it in for a H2S. Just a thought.

i sent my box to him for the same reason, and i have no doubt he can fix most boxes but in my case it was the processor. that was knacked and he coudnt fix that.
His service is second to none if its a jtagg issue,I bet he didnt charge you,No fix no fee,He has done a few for me in the past

His service is second to none if its a jtagg issue,I bet he didnt charge you,No fix no fee,He has done a few for me in the past

i wasn't slagging him off i was saying to the orinal poster that it could be something more serious.

Back