1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zgemma star s red light only

Discussion in 'Zgemma-star 2S' started by mrblue, Dec 11, 2016.

1. mrblue

mrblue Registered

My star s single tuner was bought direct from zgemma about 6 months ago. It always had a slow boot problem and sometimes would refuse to boot, requiring me to refresh. Now I've just got a red light on box display, have tried new image, boot loader and different power supply. No use. Zgemma told me to return it for repair but in skeptical and i have open the top casing to check components, i thought maybe front panel was loose or something...but having removed the casing warranty sticker is removed...

Is there anything that can be done, i can fix most things, so if its something doable id be inclined to sort it myself

2. mrblue

mrblue Registered

Anyone advise on this?

3. Buckham_uk

Buckham_uk TK Veteran

{Support Worker (adults with autism)
    Doncaster, England
    Mine (star s)was a bit funny for re-flashing a new image. Vix didn't seem to work but atv worked fine. As with most things tho it was probably something I did. What process are you doing when you try to flash and does it show the boot display at all or only red light?

4. eazzzzzzzzzy

eazzzzzzzzzy Registered

Now I've seen this mentioned on here once or twice before. I'm not taking the p**s here but have you tried pressing a few buttons on your remote control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    The box needs to be jtagged and reflashed as its stuck and wont boot,Google NorfolkSR and the guy is mustard at repairing them,About £15 and takes about 2 days post and retuned

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  6. wictor

wictor Registered

i sent my box to him for the same reason, and i have no doubt he can fix most boxes but in my case it was the processor. that was knacked and he coudnt fix that.

7. wooshman

wooshman VIP Member Forum Supporter

{Bodge Builder
    UK
    If it is still in warranty and was bought direct from Zgemma, give them a call and explain the situation, they are human at the end of the day and approachable.

I know funds are tight at this time of year but would be worth asking about how much to trade it in for a H2S. Just a thought.

8. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    His service is second to none if its a jtagg issue,I bet he didnt charge you,No fix no fee,He has done a few for me in the past

Fixing your boo boos monster???

9. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Cheap fix at around £15 Mr ord,Even £400 boxes have tuner issues as you know

10. wictor

wictor Registered

i wasn't slagging him off i was saying to the orinal poster that it could be something more serious.

11. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Nobody is saying you are lol