Zgemma Star S2 Error Tune Failed and no Satellite Signal

sid247

Hi

Hopefully someone on here can help as this is driving me nuts. I have read the idiots guide by RustyMG but still having issues.
I bought a Zgemma S2 box for £65 and flashed it straight away with the latest Sucmnsee OpenVix image from this here (image:New Vix 3.2.021 ZgemmaSter 2s, s, H1, H2 sucmnsee - Downloads - TechKing).
It seems to have flashed fine but as soon as the logo appears I get a error message saying “Error Tune Failed”
I have then put in my cline via FileZila in the CCcam.cfg in the format of both the below (tried them individually, although im assuming the bottom one is the correct way with 01-15 after the cline)
C: xxx.xxx.com 12345 xxx1234 12345678 and
C: xxx.xxx.com 12345 xxx1234 12345678 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15

I have gone into Softcam manager and restarted cccam 2.3 and disabled mgcard but still no luck.
I have gone into BougetMaker and get about 519 Video and 59 Audio but still no channels appear on the screen not even free to air and I have set FreeSat to NO, ROI to NO, and Sky to London Custom.

I have gone into Signal finder and have the Satellite set up as 28.E Astra 2E/2F/2G but both Tuner A and B have no signal as per the pics (i've seen others with Eutelsat...and i can sem to find that option)
I have tried this box on my first Sky mini dish that has quad lnb and I get no signal and then tried it on my other sky mini dish with octo but only 2 coaxial and still the same no signal, although all these 6 feeds work fine with my sky hd boxes and give me the channels.
I have wired the coaxial to the Zgemma S2 as per the pic (top left and bottom right connected, and bottom left has nothing).

Can anyone help me get this up and running please.
Thanks
Sid

Edit ok can post pics as im too new

Attachments

• Back of box.jpg
    Back of box.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 149
  • H i6 2015.11.20_24.jpg
    H i6 2015.11.20_24.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 95
  • H i6 2015.11.20_27.jpg
    H i6 2015.11.20_27.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 111
  • H i6 2015.11.27_18.jpg
    H i6 2015.11.27_18.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 134
  • H i6 2015.11.27_19.jpg
    H i6 2015.11.27_19.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 94
If you have still got your original sky hd box connected to the same lnb, Turn it of completely, then see if you have any signal with your new box.

I have just had a close look at your connection on the back of the box it looks like you have the wrong F connectors they look loose....

Hi, apologies for the delayed response..

After trying everything i sent the box back to be checked and to get a replacement box. As the connections work perfectly on both my sky boxes with all the LNB ports that are currently connected. I even tried various builds of Sucmnsee and openvix but still the same issue, so i'm hoping a replacement box will sort it out.
The chap said if i didnt have my cline/cccam configured i would get the error, but i thought the FTA stuff would work anyway, but then i also tried with Filzilla and put in the test cline/cccam and it still didnt work....was driving me mad.

As soon as i get the new box i'll post another update (hopefully a pleasant one). Thanks you all for your support.

Sorry for the delayed follow up...been tied up with work.

Anyway after occasionally playing with the configs, various builds etc...i finally got it working. The issue wasn't with the builds, the cables, the alignment etc. It is in fact the LNB. I have 2 main mini dish one with a quad LNB (about 5 yrs old or longer) and the other an octo LNB about 2 yrs old. Now both these quad and octo LNB gave me perfect signal on my sky hd boxes but only the sub channels on the zgemma and not the FTA. Recently i got a new dish put up with a quad lnb J4S and plugged in the zgemma s2 to test and the FTA and sub channels worked straight away.

So my issue was having older/incompatible LNB that dont pick up FTA channels on the zgemma but did on the sky box, so i will replace these with the J4S quad versions. Other than that i am currently using the Wooshbuild and it works great. Can anyone advise which is better Wooshbuild or OpenVix? and i like the fact i am able to stream any channel using the web interface by typing in the zgemma ip address in a browser and opening the channel with VLC.

Back