ZGemma Star S2

ritesh13

Hi,
I am new to all this but have just got my box today it has openatv, most guides on the www seem to show configuration of openvix. Which one is best to use?
Is it worth configuring from starch or use an image some has made with everything ready to go?

I would stick with the images already available, then tweak as you wish.

Starting from scratch, you'll be there for days.

I use sucmnsee images

after it boots

add my line

change to UK and the region I am on, then scan for the channels.

Get the EPG updated

then re-boot the box.

and its ready.

I also adjust the font on a couple of the lists / views as they look a little large on my TV, but that's personal preference.

Start from scratch get a feel for the box we all started somewhere. Follow Kiddac's barebones guide and you cant go wrong (and it wont take days) a few hours first go but you will then have the confidence to play and learn.

Thanks for the replies guys,

Well I would like to work out how to do it all from starch. I have been flashing various base images to get an idea what they are all like. I want to go with open vix and build it all up.

I flashed sucmsee image to see what a completed image is like and my network stopped working and can't get it to connect back to my network as it will not get an IP. Done the use usual checks with cables router etc. So decided to image it using Openatv image from Zgemma website and the network still does not work.

Could the Flashing of images caused this in anyway? As I am now on the stock image if it was software related fault the network should on the Stock openatv image?

Not box/image related. Best bet disconnect all from router and reboot router.
Then try box on again

---------- Post Merged at 04:26 PM ----------

Sure its not just dreambox control center that wont connect? As this is a known issue on vix 4/ new images. Theres ways round that though.

---------- Post Merged at 04:39 PM ----------

Also its hard to gather exactly what u mean, but if u mean network in box has stopped, try pulling ethernet cable out of box for 15 secs. Restarts network

Last edited:
The box it's self no longer gets an IP address, I have restarted the router connected other devices.
I am not sure what the dreambox Control is. But I can see from the network under the system menu that there is no ip. I have flashed a stock image of openatv and it still does not get an IP.

Hi ritesh13

I had a similar problem recently with IP address not showing. This is what I did , ignore homeplug steps if you do not have them

I unplugged all the home plugs
unplugged the router
waited 5 minutes
Plugged the router back in
plugged the homeplugs in one by one and paired them and all devices sprang back into life

Hope this helps

Hi ritesh13

I had a similar problem recently with IP address not showing. This is what I did , ignore homeplug steps if you do not have them

I unplugged all the home plugs
unplugged the router
waited 5 minutes
Plugged the router back in
plugged the homeplugs in one by one and paired them and all devices sprang back into life

Hope this helps

Not using homeplugs but i have unplugged and reset the router but still no joy

Ok from start
Are u getting green and yellow lights at back of box where net cable plugs in? If not remove cable for 15 secs. If still no good leave box on.
Repeatedly reboot router and each time do network test on box until u get it. Its ur router not giving an io to box not vice versa

Ok from start
Are u getting green and yellow lights at back of box where net cable plugs in? If not remove cable for 15 secs. If still no good leave box on.
Repeatedly reboot router and each time do network test on box until u get it. Its ur router not giving an io to box not vice versa

The green and yellow lights are on on the NIC, I have also been doing the network test every time i try something different. My router is issuing new ip leases if I connect other devices

Back