ZGemma Star U2 recording issue

UkSounds

Hi, I've pretty much got everything working just right on my box but one thing that doesn't work properly is the recording function. It works if recording the channel I'm watching but if I then try to change channel I get a black screen.
Similarly if I record a different channel from the one I'm watching in the epg, it only records a black screen.

Basically I can only record the channel I'm watching, it's as if tuner b isn't setup properly, and I have sat cable hooked up to both tuner a and b and not the loop out bit.

My other issue is with the blue hd skin, it looks great except on the page which shows all your recordings, all the text is on top of each other, anyone know how to fix this?

Sorry for the war and piece here, any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

Don't have one these boxes yet bud, but although you ahve 2 cables going in, have you configured tuner B in the menu settings?

I've realised that both tuners are configured and working and you can set preferred tuners for both normal operation and recording, but no matter what I set them both at it doesn't work. The program records but it doesn't let me watch another channel. It always uses the tuner that's recording!! Argh it's so annoying.

Regarding the tuner setup:

Blue button, tuner setup, is tuner B configured as simple?

Blue Button, system, customise, preferred tuner (a) and preferred tuner for recording (b)?

I take it you have two seperate cable feeds from the LNB and it's not just a loop to the second tuner?

My other issue is with the blue hd skin, it looks great except on the page which shows all your recordings, all the text is on top of each other, anyone know how to fix this?

When in this view press menu button reduce the number of rows or increase the size - sorry can't remember which but I'm sure you'll suss it out...

Thanks the recording page looks much better now!

I've set up the tuners as you've said but it still doesn't work. If I'm on channel 1 on tuner a and set record, then try to change up a channel it will say tuner ab, and highlight a which is already recording, also if I go down a channel it will say tuner a, it never seems to select tuner b!!

I know this tuner works though because if I set settings to preferred tuner b then it works.

Hi I have configured both tuners to advanced and in recording settings preferred tuner for recordings as auto,try that and see how it goes it may help.

Sorry it's a bit late for a reply but you aren't by any chance using CCcam 2.13 are you? I had the same problem until I upgraded to CCcam 2.30

Legend

Sorry it's a bit late for a reply but you aren't by any chance using CCcam 2.13 are you? I had the same problem until I upgraded to CCcam 2.30

Mate you legend i have been scratching my head for that long im bald now ahahaha!!! thank you!!!

Set up on twin tuner

Mate you legend i have been scratching my head for that long im bald now ahahaha!!! thank you!!!

I am having same problems im new to this site and not sure how it works is there anyone that would email me some dummy terms on how to set 1 up so i can watch other sky channels while recording

Also which ports the threads should go int if possible
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having the same problems please can anybody give me a call regarding this [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED BY ADMIN] so frustrating if anybody can help me that would be so appreciated tried everything

---------- Post Merged at 03:41 PM ----------

or email me the dummy terms to set this up i feel ive tried everything [EMAIL REMOVED BY ADMIN] if anyone can sort me this i would be so grateful and its something probably so simple

Back