Zgemma with sky Q dish/LNB

asmad

TK Veteran
I've heard that the new Sky Q LNB works on a different frequency and that these Zgemma boxes won't work with them.

Also was told that there is a hybrid LNB which can be fitted which has connections for the older type box and the newer Sky Q systems.

Can anyone confirm this and have any experience changing over?

Confirmation helps thanks. A friend is interested in a box but he has a sky Q dish installed at his new house. I was going to post a box to him but he's very un-technical.

I also read somewhere that you need s Sky MK4 Hybrid 6 Way LNB
Allows the use of Sky Q and older Sky boxes/ Freesat

Maybe someone on this forum will know more about it or have done it themselves.

I got sly q installed & unless they fit the lnb hibrid connection, & it wont work without that on the zgemma box, you should say you are running freeview in your house & they will add the connection but if its not a first install you could be charged a 50 quid charge for the adaptor?

sent from the past using my Zx Spectrum

you'd be better saying you were using Freesat, as if you say Freeview then you're not using a satellite dish.

I just said i use a freeview box with an adapter so i plug into the satellite feed, cause we had more than one connection

These cost between £35 and £50 on fleabay. So you could buy it yourself and install or just blag it with Sky and try and get one for free. If it was me I would try and blag it to sky cause you have nothing to lose.

You have all been a great help. Thanks. I'll let him know his options. Definitely good to know this now as it's an issue which is bound to crop up more and more.

If doing a new install or a upgrade to sly q they will do it for free if you state you have freeview/freesat boxes in the house which is what i said & the sly man confirmed this when he done the install that they have to do this for free if you have these in the house already.
Hope this helps

If doing a new install or a upgrade to sly q they will do it for free if you state you have freeview/freesat boxes in the house which is what i said & the sly man confirmed this when he done the install that they have to do this for free if you have these in the house already.
Hope this helps

Yeah but his mate has Sky Q and the dished already installed by sky it's not a pending installation or upgrade.

They should either blag it and try and get it for free from sky which is possible depending on who you speak to at the time, or buy it separately and install himself.

Last edited:
Hes got a deal on Sky Q today, so hes going to go with that. Seems it is a hybrid LNB fitted because he shares the dish with a neighbor and shes on the old sky system.
More money than sense i guess, but he will be paying less than I was for my old Sly package! This time next year and several hundred £££ later he'll probably want to change.

That's great, My Sky Q is coming on 24th to replace existing boxes and I've just rung them to confirm they will fit a hybrid LNB foc.
Thanks for the info.
Bob

The zgemma will work but not worth it anymore because almost all the sat channels have gone to new transponders so now most are black & never to be coming back anytime soon

Yes it will put your zgemma box back on for satellite channels, but, yes m8...but...there is no channels on sky, as sky has encrypt them, so nobody can get sky channels now, its either iptv or a cable box

Back