zgemma with vix wanting to try wooshbuild v5 and then goknow howto go back to vix?

crow

hi
i have a zgemma h.2s with openvix on v 3.1 by rossi2000 and simonsez running sky k 1 hd skin v5 (bought it like this without the skin)

i have just flashed a friends zgemma h.2s with wooshbuild v 5 and like the look of it

(1) can i do a full backup of my vix and if so how
(2) and can i flash wooshbuild v5 without bricking my zgemma over the top of my openvix ?

(3) then can i use the vix back up and go back from wooshbuild to vix without any problems?

thankyou

Hi, if you have any help i would aprichate it, like you got a box with openvix on it, but I want to replace it with wooshbuild, I did a factory reset thinking I could then install wooshbuild, but openvix is still there, any help please.Sorry for jumping on your thread.

If you make a backup image on your box, sorry not sure how you do this on vix but on openATV it's blue button -> software manager -> complete backup, If you get the option I would suggest you put it on a USB stick (plugged in the front).

Then if after flashing with wooshbuild you decide to go back to your original vix setup you can just 'flash local' and flash the box from your backup image.

MAKING A IMAGE BACKUP ON ViX

Menu > Setup > ViX > Image Manager

Click Green button 'New Backup'.

This creates a complete cloned image of your setup.
To restore in the future, just highlight the entry and click the blue button to restore.
(the backup folder is /media/hdd/imagebackups)

You can extract the zip backup to a usb and use it to flash from usb.

Hello. I git rid of Vix for zgemma H2s as at the start of the month a Vix update has started to cause problems. I had learned that Vix also does not support zgemma at all. Open ATV on the otherhand is and also more stable and woosh v5 Is based on Sky type look. ( very good too) It is also more stable and seems to run HD more and better too. Also the picture quality does not fluctuate anywhere near as much as Vix . Hope this helps you on your decision.

Hi, I did the same, moved from Openvix to Wooshbuild, no additional steps were required, I just put wooshbuild on pen drive and put in the front usb port. Only thing to remember is to remove usb stick from rear usb port as this will prevent FLSH.

I did a backup as well, as per instructions above but to be honest there is no need, wooshbuild is miles better.

Back