VastGsm

Did you know that a cat’s purr frequency is between 25 and 150 Hertz. This frequency corresponds with the frequency that scientists have found that promote bone density and healing. This vibrational frequency technique is used in astronauts to help mitigate bone density issues from low gravity.😲

Source: Why do cats purr?

Attachments

• 1640282481250.jpg
    1640282481250.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 3
The oldest-known living land animal is a tortoise named Jonathan, who is 187 years old. He was born in 1832 and has lived on the island of St. Helena in the Atlantic Ocean since 1882.
Thanks for sharing that dude 👍 I dunno about yourself but aside from ip numbers and code usernames passwords and all that jazz. I absolutely love random knowledge and trivia.

Im just reading up on Jonathan, what a c00l guy the fella is. Hopefully there a YouTube video to accompany it also.

Upon reading up on Jonathan, I found this bit of interesting fact too.

Oldest animal ever

The longest-lived animal ever discovered is a quahog clam, estimated to be 507 years old.

It had been living on the seabed off the north coast of Iceland until it was scooped up by researchers in 2006 as part of a climate change study.

Unbeknownst to them, they had just picked up the oldest animal in the world.

After studying annual growth rings in the shell, the clam was initially determined to be between 405 and 410 years old. However, in November 2013, using more sophisticated measuring techniques, this figure was revised up to an extraordinary 507 years.

It was nicknamed Ming after the Chinese dynasty which was in power during the clam’s birth year, 1506.

Here is a Random Fact for you all he says wiping the laughing tears from his eyes...and by the way. @TheSource you should write fecking book :smiley:

Your Random Facts:

Hot water will turn into ice faster than cold water

and

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

I will say it once more, just so we're all on the same page - if you cant be nice, be nasty somewhere else. We here at TechKings.org have always prided ourselves on being a friendly forum, any deviation from that will end in bans, regardless of who you are, how long you've been here, how good your behaviour generally is, whether you were starting it, or continuing it.

If there is a problem, report it, do not continue the bad behaviour.
I have also noticed a return to the bad language we had all but done away with, this will also not be tolerated as it directly affects our ability to function as a forum. Google ads are an important stream of money towards server fees, if we lose it, we lose TK. They insist on no bad language in posts, there are 2 exceptions, one - the talk bollocks thread, it is hidden from the Google SEO etc search engines, similarly the comedy central section is hidden.
Everywhere else we will continue to use proper language!!

I am guessing by the shortness of this thread now that most of our posts have either been redacted or re-assigned to the 'Talk ***locks Thread'

I can't recall any 'nasty' comments or particularly 'bad language', unless of course I missed it! If it was me, then I apologise, but no harm or distress was intended, just good old banter. And I along with others totally understand funding sources and their importance. @wheelo is their any definition of bad language that is not to be used/posted somewhere that we can refer to? I just can't remember any bad language being used. This is not a Dig/Complaint just a geuine query. Thanks

I can't recall any 'nasty' comments or particularly 'bad language', unless of course I missed it! If it was me, then I apologise, but no harm or distress was intended, just good old banter. And I along with others totally understand funding sources and their importance. @wheelo is their any definition of bad language that is not to be used/posted somewhere that we can refer to? I just can't remember any bad language being used. This is not a Dig/Complaint just a geuine query. Thanks
If you wouldn't say/show it to a ten year old kid, it's bad.
Poo is ok.
Belly, bum, bitch, swine, crap, shit and piss are usually tolerated but not m***er ****er or **** my **** you big fat **** and such likes.

I can't recall any 'nasty' comments or particularly 'bad language', unless of course I missed it! If it was me, then I apologise, but no harm or distress was intended, just good old banter.

Pablo is spot on about their definition of bad language, this is how it was described to me by HiTeck after he had discussed it with them after the last time they refused to pay for advertising. I never said "particularly bad language" - I said bad language.
I would have to trawl through the deleted posts to see what was attributable to you, but yes, some was yours.
On the matter of "banter" - that is subjective, but as long as EVERYONE is happy with banter, then that's all it is. However, if one person sees it as a personal attack on them, then that is what it is, particularly if its ten against one (or similar).
Banter has its place, I love ribbing mates and vice versa, but that is because they are my mates and what we take the pee about has boundaries based on what we know of each other in the many years of friendship.
Now, can we keep this thread somewhat on topic, engage if you want, pass it by if you don't.

Poo is ok.
Belly, bum, bitch, swine, crap, shit and piss are usually tolerated but not m***er ****er or **** my **** you big fat **** and such likes.
Thats subjective, but I do get the general jist,
I use, what some would call, swear words to both my kids, but they know they are adult words, and children are not allowed to use them,
I actually told my son's headmaster to catch a f*****g grip of himself once, :ROFLMAO:
My lad was pi****g himself, his mum was mortified,
I too would like to apologise if I've used inappropriate words or caused any ill feeling, it's just that sometimes I type exactly how I hear it in my head.

Back