1000 jobs to go at sky mainly satellite installer's jobs

I remember talking to a sky engineer 18 months ago and he said that he would eventually be losing his job and the long term plan was to phase out all sky q installs. As sky Glass and now tv were plug and play he would not be needed

Interesting, though anyone wanting to watch live sports on sky stream/glass would still have a considerable quality drop vs their traditional satellite delivery. Though, candidly I've not seen a stream on sky stream.

Interesting, though anyone wanting to watch live sports on sky stream/glass would still have a considerable quality drop vs their traditional satellite delivery. Though, candidly I've not seen a stream on sky stream.
When there is no satellite broadcast to compare it too, you would never know

I'm not surprised with sky glass, hopefully some can move into other areas of the business.
Comcast over paid for Sky and are struggling. This is just the start of the job cuts. Expect to see more in other departments, like technical support for satellite boxes.

Glass has struggled to sell, that's why they are pushing stream more and more. However, as more linear channels start to close, it negates the purpose of stream. I see a merger of Stream and Now TV into one app,

The quality of Sky stream is really good, I got a black Friday deal when changing from BT to Sky broadband, !that still works out cheaper than the BT broadband on its own.
I couldn't see any difference from Sat but I'm a pensioner

I believe Comcast bought Sky in 2018 and the plan was always to phase out satellite and stream instead as for quality difference i stream netflix and Disney 4k and the picture quality is excellent
Streaming VOD through Netflix/Disney in 4k etc works great.
It's live sports that isn't great.. even more so on IPTV streams

Streaming VOD through Netflix/Disney in 4k etc works great.
It's live sports that isn't great.. even more so on IPTV streams
Sports are good on Sky stream, my IPTV streams are pretty good too when I'm forced to use them!

Back