2 Monitors - VGA Connection Monitor Flickers

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hello,

At work i have 2 monitors hooked up to the PC Graphics card - one connection is DVI and the other VGA - DVI works perfectly - for a while now the VGA monitor keeps flicking like getting lines in the monitor, almost like a waterfall - it's sporadic - i've changed the VGA leads, tried different monitors but it's the same outcome. So wondering what else i can do?

It never use to be like this when i installed the GFX card. Drivers are up to date too.

I guess i could try disabling the graphics card and connecting the monitor to the onboard graphics card and see if i get these stupid lines/flickers in the monitor?

I tried taking the ram sticks out and re-inserting it and that seemed to have stopped the flickers for a bit but it flared up again.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

I've also noticed that opening a window or browser or application on the computer makes the VGA monitor flicker, close down the window and it stops flickering. Crazy. Only thing that comes to mind is that the VGA connection on the GFX card may well be faulty?

I would try another set of leads see it is that first. If it is all okay and then flickers might need to blow a lot of dust out off the box might be over heating?

I would try another set of leads see it is that first. If it is all okay and then flickers might need to blow a lot of dust out off the box might be over heating?

Leads are not a problem, tried that, still flickers. Will give it a blow at some point this week and re-insert the GFX card.

Have you tried swapping power leads? Could be something as simple as that

Good point! Will try that now!

Right, it was the power adapter on the DVI monitor - the larger of the two - the power adapter on that monitor was the pin style one. Swapped that monitor with a smaller monitor and used the 3 faced power adapter that goes in the back of the monitor and voila - it does not flicker. So a new power adapter is in need for that monitor.

Back