(2-Pack) 300Mbps Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System - £16.99

I have the Deco M4, I went for the tripple pack, totally over the top for size of house but meant I can have 1 by my router (which you obviously need to connect to via ethernet) and one by each of my e2 boxes so can plug them into the ethernet plugs on the Deco. Twin pack is currently £70 on Amazon, tripple back nearly £100.

Highly recommend them

Oh and apart from the bands they use, the MERCUSYS state you can connect upto 40 devices, the Deco state over 100, if you're like me and have smart things all over the place, then it's suprising how soon you can get to 40. Off top of my head I thought I had about 30 items connected, checked the deco app and it's 39 lol

I have the Deco M4, I went for the tripple pack, totally over the top for size of house but meant I can have 1 by my router (which you obviously need to connect to via ethernet) and one by each of my e2 boxes so can plug them into the ethernet plugs on the Deco. Twin pack is currently £70 on Amazon, tripple back nearly £100.

Highly recommend them
I totally agree best thing I bought was the deco m4 at the time Twin pack enough for my home one downstairs connectecd to router with gigabit hub other upstairs also with Gigabit hub connected to it and reliable wifi through out the house. I remember at the time I almost made a mistake was on a bid on ebay for virgin homeplugs for £65 and someone here mentioned deco M4 mesh system thanks I missed the bid on ebay and at the time bought the twin pack of M4 decos for £89.99

OK, so here is the results of my research around the place....
ALL TP Link M4
1. Triple pack Currys.ie €129 (£113)
2. Triple pack Amazon €103 (£90)
3. double pack DID.ie €80 (£70)
4. Double pack Amazon €80 (£70)

I think I've decided to go with the Tp link M4, now I have to decide triple or double (leaning towards the triple, even if it's overkill), come to this conclusion -
1. If I go for the double, just buy local as the shop is 5 minutes away from my house.
2. If its triple, go for Amazon, i have the use of a prime account, so it will be free delivery, and most times free return, if not suitable.

one final question, I think - Anyone any idea if there is any likelihood of them being reduced on the black friday deals? or just bit the feckin bullet and buy them?

Buy the amazon ones and hang on to them even make use of them for 30 days - if the price drops, you know what to do as they have a no quibble return policy :)

By then black Friday/Cyber monday would have passed! :)

Buy the amazon ones and hang on to them even make use of them for 30 days - if the price drops, you know what to do as they have a no quibble return policy :)

By then black Friday/Cyber monday would have passed! :)
You're a feckin genius, hadn't thought of that

How is the WiFi signal not already covering the full house?
I only have a bog standard virgin hub near my telly downstairs and it covers three bedrooms ok, I can stream IPTV upstairs easily, I even have a signal where I park my car and I'd estimate that to be 35 feet away from the router.
What causes drop out of signal? - has everyone got bacofoil wallpaper?

I only have a bog standard virgin hub near my telly downstairs and it covers three bedrooms ok, I can stream IPTV upstairs easily, I even have a signal where I park my car and I'd estimate that to be 35 feet away from the router.
I put the drop outs I had with the hub3 down to the number of items I had connected, but general coverage was bad, I am in an old house with solid walls rather than stud walls you get in more modern houses which could make a difference as I was gettinmg drop outs in one bedroom, the other 2 bedrooms got no signal at all from the hub.

Apart from the wifi signal, I also find the M4's work better for ethernet connected devices than any home plugs I had had previously

I think I've decided to go with the Tp link M4, now I have to decide triple or double (leaning towards the triple, even if it's overkill), come to this conclusion -
Although I said tripple was an overkill for me, that was based on their stated coverage, I'm glad I got the tripple, at least I know I can get a good wifi signal where ever I am in the house

Last edited:
I put the drop outs I had with the hub3 down to the number of items I had connected, but general coverage was bad, I am in an old house with solid walls rather than stud walls you get in more modern houses which could make a difference as I was gettinmg drop outs in one bedroom, the other 2 bedrooms got no signal at all from the hub.

Apart from the wifi signal, I also find the M4's work better for ethernet connected devices than any home plugs I had had previously
I don't have anything connected to WiFi apart from my phone. PC is hardwired, TV and Android box have WiFi but very rarely used, brick walls throughout my house, no stud walls. It's probably foil backed plasterboard on the ceilings, my house was built before they were invented

has everyone got bacofoil wallpaper?
1. maybe youre just lucky
2. as a matter of fact, the plasterboard used in this house has an aluminium foil side for "extra" insulation - its a 1985 ish build.
3. My specific problem would seem to have its basis in the fact that the front room downstairs (home of the modem) has a chimney between it and the kitchen, and the kitchen is where I am having the majority of my bad signal.
4. Funnily enough, the bedroom over the kitchen also has the direct line problem of the chimney between it and the modem, yet the receiver I have for my Hive home heating system receives enough WIFI to operate the heating correctly.
5. my bed is directly above the modem, and the signal is dramatically worse than it is in the room below, now I could stream, etc., but a speed test would be maybe a quarter of the speed.

I have no real idea, its just that I listen to a radio show on the net while making my homeless sandwiches of a Wednesday, and it is freaking me out that I cant have the phone beside me as the signal is sh1t, but I can have it over the other side of the room and it can bluetooth to the speaker. also during the summer, we bring the speaker out onto the deck, and at times the signal is too poor to play the music.

The foil is a vapour barrier, it prevents the board from taking in moisture and sagging between the joists, my cielings are like ploughed fields but my WiFi is good 😁

With Virgin Hub3 Yes I did get wifi coverage wifes phone was almost twice the speed via wifi downstairs next to virgin router as compaired to mines upstairs same phone with the M4 mesh my speed almost doubled. As for the new virging hub 5 they sent me it took me 3 or more attempts even to set up my deco M4 mesh and also other main point is ethernet via the Mesh system I had tried homeplugs and wifi extenders e.t.c but now I can get 200mb ethernet on my 200mb virgin package the M4s have gigabit ethernet ports.

OK, so here is the results of my research around the place....
ALL TP Link M4
1. Triple pack Currys.ie €129 (£113)
2. Triple pack Amazon €103 (£90)
3. double pack DID.ie €80 (£70)
4. Double pack Amazon €80 (£70)

1. If I go for the double, just buy local as the shop is 5 minutes away from my house.
2. If its triple, go for Amazon, i have the use of a prime account, so it will be free delivery, and most times free return, if not suitable.

one final question, I think - Anyone any idea if there is any likelihood of them being reduced on the black friday deals? or just bit the feckin bullet and buy them?
So, the black Friday deals pushed the price up by £10
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NH1J543/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Ah, sure what the heck, it's not the first time black Friday deals haven't actually been black Friday deals 🤣🤣

I'm not too bothered about the price, to be honest, its just that it was £90 last week.

No, they were at 90 for a while, then last week(whenever the rollover day was) they went up by 10 and have stayed that way.

Back