2 satellites and an aerial running through one cable help please

tony-d

Hi Forum,

I am trying to get sky TV and hotbird to on separate satellite dishes to as well as my normal TV aerial all through a cable in each room of the house. is there anyone that could kindly point me in the direction of a wiring diagram at all? I have tried Google but to no avail.

I understand I will need 2 Quattro lnbs running through a multi switch and some face plates in each room that's as far as I've got at the minute.

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

doubt that might be possible as you need more feeds,sky would use 2 feeds for their boxes watch and record,by downsizing you might only have the option of viewing 1 only.
as said before every tuner needs its own feed

You wont be able to do that through 1 cable most IRS installs have at least 3 cables to each outlet faceplate from the Distribution unit 1 which combines Aerial and 1 sat feed another that just does a single sat feed and the 3rd is normally used for IR/Return pass to another room.

You can combine 2 sat feeds and an aerial feed into one single cable with the aid of a stacker/destacker but you would need one of these each for every room you want.

It can be done with a single cable but it gets very complicated and if you want to be able to Watch/Record from both 28 east and 13 east which on a normal install would be 4 cables and a 5th for the aerial your going to have to do a lot of reading to squeeze that into as least cables as you can.

You wont be able to do that through 1 cable most IRS installs have at least 3 cables to each outlet faceplate from the Distribution unit 1 which combines Aerial and 1 sat feed another that just does a single sat feed and the 3rd is normally used for IR/Return pass to another room.

You can combine 2 sat feeds and an aerial feed into one single cable with the aid of a stacker/destacker but you would need one of these each for every room you want.

It can be done with a single cable but it gets very complicated and if you want to be able to Watch/Record from both 28 east and 13 east which on a normal install would be 4 cables and a 5th for the aerial your going to have to do a lot of reading to squeeze that into as least cables as you can.

Shall I purchase a 9x8 multi switch and put the 2 satellites into the that and then run a shotgun cable down to each room to start with?

I was hoping I could get the sky to record and maybe just have one feed to the hotbird box.

these are the wall plates I was thinking of purchasing for each room.

wall plate.jpg

Yes a 9/8 switch will work with 2 feeds to each outlet point which reduces the /8 part to 4 this will allow both sat feeds to have a 28/13 point allowing you to watch or record either.

Yes a 9/8 switch will work with 2 feeds to each outlet point which reduces the /8 part to 4 this will allow both sat feeds to have a 28/13 point allowing you to watch or record either.

thank you so much for taking the time to help me. So I am getting my head around it if I buy a 9x8 change the existing LNB's to Quattro's run the 8 cables down to the multi switch, run the aerial cable down to the multi switch too.
I then run a twin shotgun cable to the each room and terminate each cable to the wall plate above. The 8 inputs on the multi switch now become 4 as I need 2 inputs for each room.
could I connect from the wall plate a single coaxial cable at each LNB point and the split using a 2 way splitter and then connect a piece of shotgun cable from LNB 1 and LNB 2 to the 2 way splitters and put them in each satellite box?

I guess the aerial would need a meter male to female aerial lead to go from the wall plate to the aerial in on the sky box and a similar lead from the aerial out in to the return on the wall plate and this should take care of the aerial in each of the other rooms.

apologies if this a ridiculous long and complicated stupid message but any help would be great.

You cant split the Satellite signal again from the wall plate as one feed will carry 28/13 + Freeview and the wall plate takes care of de-combining the Sat + aerial feed and sends the aerial feed into the aerial outlet.

Both satellite feeds will have 13 east and 28 east on both connections, you cant use an official Skybox if that is what you are referring to in your post on the outlet plate as the official Skybox does not have the 22khz tone switching to be able to switch between the 2 satellites

you also dont need to send the aerial feed back up to the other rooms the 9/8 switch already takes care of that problem .

so to summarise you get 2 quattro lnbs feed all 8 cables into the multiswitch with the aerial feed as well, then take 2 feeds each to four rooms with relevant outlet faceplates then each room will have Freeview + 2 satellite feeds with both 13 east and 28 east channels.

You cant split the Satellite signal again from the wall plate as one feed will carry 28/13 + Freeview and the wall plate takes care of de-combining the Sat + aerial feed and sends the aerial feed into the aerial outlet.

Both satellite feeds will have 13 east and 28 east on both connections, you cant use an official Skybox if that is what you are referring to in your post on the outlet plate as the official Skybox does not have the 22khz tone switching to be able to switch between the 2 satellites

you also dont need to send the aerial feed back up to the other rooms the 9/8 switch already takes care of that problem .

so to summarise you get 2 quattro lnbs feed all 8 cables into the multiswitch with the aerial feed as well, then take 2 feeds each to four rooms with relevant outlet faceplates then each room will have Freeview + 2 satellite feeds with both 13 east and 28 east channels.

Thank you so much for all your help.
I have attached some pics to see if I'm getting the right stuff, when you get a min could you kindly tell me if I have understood.
cd82fc3d4b82fe199cfd6647db179c16.jpg
a20068ad7b2dc5fa86d934dd4a44a9c4.jpg
6c03bc1d0f447ad327cb45e123a2b090.jpg

if your doing it on a budget then have a look on ebay for a 9/8 switch, personally i would recommend an EMP centari switch as they can use both Quattro and standard LNB's

you need a quad outlet plates as in your first picture.

Just to add if you are not sure what you are doing then leave it to a professional at least you will end up with a working system

Ok thanks I'm determined to try and get it working if I struggle I'll have to get a pro in.

Once again thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back