2003 mk1 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI vibration.

ourwillie

The focus I bought when I examined in beneath it I saw that obviously the gearbox mount was shot as someone had 2 think strips of rubber in between the mount and where it bolts onto the body on the floor. I thought this was what was giving me the annoying thumping against the floor pan and around the gar stick tunnel inside the car only in reversing. Well I took out the old rear mount and the 2 rubber strips and replaced it with a new mount although it did not seem to bad but when I had it there I replaced it without the 2 rubber strips. Well I test run and mmmmmm well it was not much better. So I thought ah well its probably the 2 front mounts so I replaced them and its still there. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong I mean the two fronts where definitely shot. I was just thinking as I write this could it have anything to do with the bolt on the rear mount that goes through the body of the car?

grab the front wheels and move back to front in case its suspension related.

you could get someone to get into car hood up and try driving car back/forth with handbrake on for engine movement.

Back