3 more energy companys gone bust

Summer this year has been almost non existent, the solar panels will struggle to pay for itself in this kind of situation. They are way over priced

Thanks for that info, sadly igloo was our supplier, i did have an email but hadn't read it, Bugger.
You don't need to do anything scouse, Ofgem will be in touch with you and they will let you know who your new supplier is, if you had credit with your previous company that will also be transferred.

You don't need to do anything scouse, Ofgem will be in touch with you and they will let you know who your new supplier is, if you had credit with your previous company that will also be transferred.
However if you owed your previous supplier, you will have to re-pay this to your new supplier

The problem is the new supplier makes sure the tariff is higher than what we were paying the previous supplier

All information can be found here Money Saving Expert

The problem is the new supplier makes sure the tariff is higher than what we were paying the previous supplier
All tarrifs everywhere are higher and will be higher again come April. You are not committed to the supplier that OFGEM allocate you, you can (once transferred) move to another company without penalties if you wish., but you must let them transfer you first otherwise it just gets messy!! I was paying £105 per month for Gas and Leccy with AVRO, with Octopus it will go up to £154 per month. There are some companies now exploiting this situation with massive monthly costs.

All tarrifs everywhere are higher and will be higher again come April. You are not committed to the supplier that OFGEM allocate you, you can (once transferred) move to another company without penalties if you wish., but you must let them transfer you first otherwise it just gets messy!! I was paying £105 per month for Gas and Leccy with AVRO, with Octopus it will go up to £154 per month. There are some companies now exploiting this situation with massive monthly costs.
Exactly, you are right but at the end of day, its us (customers) who suffer

Just changed to British gas from bulb as their prices skyrocketed. BG beat them by some margin and prices are locked for the next two years. I'd advise others to get locked in for a period of time because they're going to get even higher shortly. I'm hoping bulb don't go bust as they owe me about 500 quid which takes 6 weeks to refund after the switch 🙄.

Just changed to British gas from bulb as their prices skyrocketed. BG beat them by some margin and prices are locked for the next two years. I'd advise others to get locked in for a period of time because they're going to get even higher shortly. I'm hoping bulb don't go bust as they owe me about 500 quid which takes 6 weeks to refund after the switch 🙄.
Always heard people paying more and more- year after year. If you found a cheap provider, then locking in for 2 years is a good decision as the prices are going to increase or the companies will make sure the prices are raised to cash in and make profit in this dire situation.

I am hardly old, yet can remember still paying a quarterly bill.. never mind
£150+ month..
@HiTecK , your a better saver than my Mrs.

Last edited:
Like hell your getting money back! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Give me your credit card to refund it:X3::X3::X3:

Back