3 Zgemma Boxes connected but no playback

eccoboy

Hi guys, I have 3 boxes, 2 x Zgemma h9 and 1 h2s. Up until now they have been ok, but just recently all 3 suffered from no playback of IPTV channels. I have been able to get one working via the 4g on my phone hotspot, but when connected to TT internet via ethernet they connect, and fully populate the EPG on XE plug in, but the screen is just black. Can anyone help with getting me back on track, suspecting that VPN or router may be the issue? (currently have both Nord and Digibit accounts. 2 boxes running with Whooshbuild Infinity and one with Willobuild) Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Hi guys, I have 3 boxes, 2 x Zgemma h9 and 1 h2s. Up until now they have been ok, but just recently all 3 suffered from no playback of IPTV channels. I have been able to get one working via the 4g on my phone hotspot, but when connected to TT internet via ethernet they connect, and fully populate the EPG on XE plug in, but the screen is just black. Can anyone help with getting me back on track, suspecting that VPN or router may be the issue? (currently have both Nord and Digibit accounts. 2 boxes running with Whooshbuild Infinity and one with Willobuild) Any guidance greatly appreciated.
You have to turn off the nanny settings.
If you already did this a while ago, they have turned them back on.

To keep you safe online we strongly recommend you keep Homesafe switched on, however, should you need to switch it off for any reason, follow the steps below.

1. Log into My Account
  2. Select Profile & Settings from the navigation menu
  3. Select My Security Settings
  4. Here it will show you what is currently turned on/off
  5. Choose your area’s to switch off next to any of the three options. For Kids Safe, you'll see a prompt asking if you're sure you want to switch it off. Simply click the blue button (Turn Kidsafe OFF) to confirm, and allow a few minutes for your changes to take effect
How to turn off homesafe

I logged on and the only thing that was on was virus alert setting, the rest were off.......I've now turned that off too but still no joy....

Done that now and rebooted the zgemma, XE downloader imports epg but still no playback....
I have not used XE downloader but have you checked stream type selected i,e dvb (1) , 4097 , 5001 or 5002 if 5001 or 5002 then you need to install serviceapp. most just select 4097

Done that now and rebooted the zgemma, XE downloader imports epg but still no playback....
Ok so it's not the VPN
It's not your ISP
It's not your devices or software/players as you've already tried them all

Which leaves your provider

You said in your other thread that you were going to try a different one.

Until you've done that, nothing else can be done

I have not used XE downloader but have you checked stream type selected i,e dvb (1) , 4097 , 5001 or 5002 if 5001 or 5002 then you need to install serviceapp. most just select 4097
yes, tried them all now, no change....

Ok so it's not the VPN
It's not your ISP
It's not your devices or software/players as you've already tried them all

Which leaves your provider

You said in your other thread that you were going to try a different one.

Until you've done that, nothing else can be done
I can get the box working if connected to my mobile phone hotspot so the feed is working. That's why I'm left thinking its the VPN, (my phone has Nord on) I have had problems selecting different servers on XE VPN when using Nord so maybe that isn't set up correctly but I'm not sure how else to do it. I used Add VPN easily plug in to enter the user name and password and this has always worked until now.....

I can get the box working if connected to my mobile phone hotspot so the feed is working. That's why I'm left thinking its the VPN, (my phone has Nord on) I have had problems selecting different servers on XE VPN when using Nord so maybe that isn't set up correctly but I'm not sure how else to do it. I used Add VPN easily plug in to enter the user name and password and this has always worked until now.....
It's not the vpn if the vpn is working on your android device and it worked on your e2 devices up until recently.

Has your vpn account expired?

Have you reinstalled xe recently?
The new code number will need to be given to your provider.

Did you read this about nord Changes to the login process on third-party apps and routers | NordVPN support

It's not the vpn if the vpn is working on your android device and it worked on your e2 devices up until recently.

Has your vpn account expired?

Have you reinstalled xe recently?
The new code number will need to be given to your provider.
The Nord VPN account is live and works fine on my phone and Android box. I had my provider refresh my line and that's up and running and the epg populates so that part of XE is all working as it should, all my settings in XE are the same as they were previously when it was working too 👍

That is something that may provider mentioned earlier today and I have put those into Easy VPN adder but it still didn't work. However he also said that I might need to overwrite it in a folder on the box via dream explorer but I can't see where to add it?
Easy VPN adder never used it so cannot help most use vpnmanager now

Easy VPN adder never used it so cannot help most use vpnmanager now
I have VPN Manager, I have put my new username and password in there, not sure what the other settings need to be but it brings up a list of servers, but when I select one it says authentication failed?

The Nord VPN account is live and works fine on my phone and Android box. I had my provider refresh my line and that's up and running and the epg populates so that part of XE is all working as it should, all my settings in XE are the same as they were previously when it was working too 👍
So it's working as it should on xe in the enigma2 boxes?
If you have reinstalled xe, the eight digit code is completely different to the one you previously given to your provider

So it's working as it should on xe in the enigma2 boxes?
If you have reinstalled xe, the eight digit code is completely different to the one you previously given to your provider
yes its working fine in XE, the line ID is live, the provider re-linked it when he refreshed my line to see if that was the problem, just no picture still a black screen...like I say the epg populates too....

Still struggling to get playback if I’m connected to anything other than my mobile 4g, however what I have noticed is that even if I change VPN server the IP address remains exactly the same, I’m pretty sure that when I used to switch VPN server this changed the IP address - maybe this has something to do with it?🤷‍♂️

Still struggling to get playback if I’m connected to anything other than my mobile 4g, however what I have noticed is that even if I change VPN server the IP address remains exactly the same, I’m pretty sure that when I used to switch VPN server this changed the IP address - maybe this has something to do with it?🤷‍♂️
were going round in circles here vpn on what mobile 4g or enigma2 try posting some screenshots use openwebif to take them

Back