3m vga cable issues.

rob1975

hi im new to this part of the forum, i have a home pc with a wide screen lcd monitor (acer x223w), it is a liitle old but works great for my needs.

my issue is im running it on a 2m vga which came with the monitor, this is short but i have manged to make it work for years now, i have decided to tidy the cable up and need a 3m vga, here lies the problem.

1st i bought a cheap one off ebay, result is shadows of my desktop icons and text etc so no good!
2nd went for a belkin pro range, result as above so no good
3rd i got a couple of free ones from pc guy at work, result same as above no good.
4th purchased a dearer lead a thick bulky startech.com cable and this is the same!!

my 2m cheapy free cable with monitor works great and about 6 various 3m ones are rubbish.
am i missing something, the monitor is 1680x1050 at 60 hz. im not that tech, is there a set up procedure to help. the monitor has an auto config which doesn't really help.
im running window xp atm but have a new pc waiting to be put in place once the monitor issue is sorted. (leads the same in that one too?)

sorry this is a bit long winded, thanks for reading and any help appreciated, cheers.

Back