4:2:2 Feeds on nVidia Shield

werdna

I'm not sure if this is well known, but I discovered a good way to watch 4:2:2 feeds last night.

La Liga seem to use 10e feeds for most big matches. These feeds are super high quality (around 20Mbps), and have an English commentary track. The only issue is that they are broadcast in 4:2:2.

If you have an Nividia Shield tv, or any Android TV, you can view this feeds using the following plugin:
dream Player for Android TV - Apps on Google Play

Install and point it to your Enigma2 box. Go to "Last Scanned" to see the feed you have found (you will need to add the BISS key first), press play and it will play perfectly. The app uses VLC which works with 4:2:2.

I found that the Real Madrid match was such high quality that my Shield struggled to keep up and became stuttery. Playing the stream directly in VLC on the shield worked better, but this is only needed for feeds with a really high bitrate.

Handy as your Shield is on your TV.

I do exactly the same as yourself but to my PC enough power to deal with any feed. Downside i watch on a smaller well compared to my Tv monitor.

@werdna how do I find this feed? Sorry for the silly question
Most feeds are posted on Satelliweb at:
Feeds en direct : les fréquences actives - Satelliweb

If the feed is listed as "MPEG4 4:2:2" it is not encrypted, but in 4:2:2. This is the type of feed this is for.

If the feed is listed as "MPEG-4 crypté", the feed is encrypted (usually BISS encryption). You will need the BISS key to open this. Worth noting there is no category on Satelliweb for Encrypted and 4:2:2. Just because it is encrypted, doesn't mean it's a 4:2:2 feed.

There are a few forums that post these keys, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to them here. Googling "BISS key forum" should get you what you need. Normally the posters will also say if it is 4:2:2 or not.

Something I installed recently is:

BissFeed AutoKey Plugin DreamOS​

It automatically adds the BISS keys that were posted on forums. Bit of set up, but worth it in the long run.

Something I installed recently is:

BissFeed AutoKey Plugin DreamOS​

It automatically adds the BISS keys that were posted on forums. Bit of set up, but worth it in the long run.
I don't use Oscam or CCCam etc.

Will this still work for me?

The shield will still play unencrypted 4:2:2 feeds, but for the encrypted feeds you'll need Oscam Emu installed and set up.
Ah, I see. I'll have to stick to manually inputing the keys then cos I already run a different softcam and therefore can't have 2 running at the same time.

If you are able to add keys manually you can use this plugin. If you are able to decrypt BISS keys by manually adding the key, I think you must already be running Oscam Emu. I could be wrong but I don't think standard Oscam will do this.

Anyone got the premium version of dreamplayer for Android TV?
Bit of a late reply but yes I remeber getting it years ago for my firestick. Can't remember why I went premium but there mustve been some features I wanted. What I do recall though is the firestick werent good enough to run it properly

Silly question - apologies folks, but is there any material benefit in watching a match on a 'feed' vs finding a channel that actually shows the game? is this purely around the feed being superior quality as it's broadcast quality?

Silly question - apologies folks, but is there any material benefit in watching a match on a 'feed' vs finding a channel that actually shows the game? is this purely around the feed being superior quality as it's broadcast quality?
A Sat provider uses the feed so quality wise they will be identical as a rule.

But you can find feeds for none televised matches. And with the correct CW are free no cost.

Last edited:
Back