4k android box

hkphooey

TK Veteran
Hi guys
What's the cheap go to Android TV box now please , need one with a time display etc.
Not wanting to pay nvidia shield money lol.
Have house full of the great 4k firesticks which work flawlessly.
Just need equivalent in one with display.
Amazon full of the cheap ones.

Amazon cubes are good devices all depends on budget ect if not fussed about Netflix ect then look at the formuler cc it’s a solid box I’ve never had issues with mine easy use remote and has its own dedicated app.
You said cheap but how cheap are you wanting it to be as some cheap boxes have shite chipset in them and remotes are about as much use as a chic alter teapot on a bbq

Amazon cubes are good devices all depends on budget ect if not fussed about Netflix ect then look at the formuler cc it’s a solid box I’ve never had issues with mine easy use remote and has its own dedicated app.
You said cheap but how cheap are you wanting it to be as some cheap boxes have shite chipset in them and remotes are about as much use as a chic alter teapot on a bbq
Cheers well it won't get used much "only" be using tivimate on it that's it.
Yes not much more then £50 really if I can get away with that, but must have screen display that shows time.
Cheers

Hi guys
What's the cheap go to Android TV box now please , need one with a time display etc.
Not wanting to pay nvidia shield money lol.
Have house full of the great 4k firesticks which work flawlessly.
Just need equivalent in one with display.
Amazon full of the cheap ones.
Do you like playing around loading different roms ?

If so

Get a box with 4gb 64gb on a s904x4 or s905x4 chipset

Slimbox do a load of roms for these research and pick a model they support and youll end up with a android TV box. Tanix do some good boxes supported by slimbox.

You put the box into recovery mode to install a slimbox rom.

When finished you have a decent spec atv box.

Do you like playing around loading different roms ?

If so

Get a box with 4gb 64gb on a s904x4 or s905x4 chipset

Slimbox do a load of roms for these research and pick a model they support and youll end up with a android TV box. Tanix do some good boxes supported by slimbox.

You put the box into recovery mode to install a slimbox rom.

When finished you have a decent spec atv box.
Yes mate done that a lot in past with samsung phones and my old zgemma box

Does the clock definitely have to be built into the device? You're severely limiting your choice of boxes that way. I'd just sit one of these next to it:

View attachment 89224
🤣 🤣 Loads out there mate X96 with the 905 chipsets...
Was after a recommendation but think I'll just buy one and give it try.
With the cost of electricity can't afford to run a separate clock, I'm not Rishi 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Back