4K firestick dead?

Borzio

Hi Guys, I've loaded my Xmas prezzy of a 4k registered Firestick with a copy of all the iptv stuff that I had on the original firestick, and all worked perfectly for a couple of weeks.

A couple of days ago I attached it to the 4k tv hdmi as usual and went to power up......it never got to the amazon homescreen, but instead looked like a white noise screen with intermittent flashes as if it was trying to load, but never getting there. It never reached the Firestick or amazon logo. Stopped after a few minutes of white noise at a black screen.

I've tried all the advice about switching tv off, unplugging, etc, changing hdmi input , hdmi cable, power supply different button combinations on the remote, that I've seen on the web but no joy. I've also put the old firestick in the same hdmi, used same power cable, and it works perfectly. The remote batteries of the 4k firestick, which were new, have been changed as well just in case, and the remote light comes on when the voice button is pressed.

So before I send it back to amazon, is there any ideas from you guys I could try?
cheers and appreciation as always for replies.

Hi Guys, I've loaded my Xmas prezzy of a 4k registered Firestick with a copy of all the iptv stuff that I had on the original firestick, and all worked perfectly for a couple of weeks.

A couple of days ago I attached it to the 4k tv hdmi as usual and went to power up......it never got to the amazon homescreen, but instead looked like a white noise screen with intermittent flashes as if it was trying to load, but never getting there. It never reached the Firestick or amazon logo. Stopped after a few minutes of white noise at a black screen.

I've tried all the advice about switching tv off, unplugging, etc, changing hdmi input , hdmi cable, power supply different button combinations on the remote, that I've seen on the web but no joy. I've also put the old firestick in the same hdmi, used same power cable, and it works perfectly. The remote batteries of the 4k firestick, which were new, have been changed as well just in case, and the remote light comes on when the voice button is pressed.

So before I send it back to amazon, is there any ideas from you guys I could try?
cheers and appreciation as always for replies.
Loks like you covered most angles! The only thing I have done to sort mine out now and again is pull out the power plug from the stick for a minute and stick it back in without removing the stick to force reboot!( pull the bit out looks like the phone charger end of usb) sometimes simple works!

Yeah,thanks Toddy2, tried that one as well no joy though. I think I have done all I can so it will have to go back probs. What a pain.

Hi Bazcfc, both sticks are always powered from the mains not usb, and have tried both chargers on the old stick..both work as they should.

Hi Bazcfc, both sticks are always powered from the mains not usb, and have tried both chargers on the old stick..both work as they should.
I had simular problem a while back I completely changed power plug and USB came on straight away give that a go mate may work may not

Mr Hanky your a genius (but I imagine you know that already:smiley:) Did as you suggested but didn't know if it had worked until low and behold the logo and setup. Magic!

The stick didn't actually have a lot of apps just iptv stuff, plenty of space left, but whatever mashed it to death I'm really grateful again to you and the forum..cheers

Mr Hanky your a genius (but I imagine you know that already:smiley:) Did as you suggested but didn't know if it had worked until low and behold the logo and setup. Magic!

The stick didn't actually have a lot of apps just iptv stuff, plenty of space left, but whatever mashed it to death I'm really grateful again to you and the forum..cheers
Glad it's sorted mate

Back