4k movies.

Jethro

TK Veteran
Hi everyone, I am using iptv on a mag box through a supplier, I have noticed there are a lot of movies in 4k but I only get the sound but no picture, is there a lead I need or does the box need an upgrade , any info appreciated.

you need a 4K TV, a 4K box & good internet to receive 4K content, If you have all those & 4K still doesn't clear to screen it may be software/settings related, contact your service provider & ask what settings/app is best used to view their 4K content, sound but no picture is often because one of the devices (TV/BOX) isn't 4K capable.

I could be mistaken but with 4k content like shows and films you need really fast speeds I believe around 100meg or more especially if they are 4k remux files to have smooth playback.

My supplier has said our boxes haven't got the 4k software on, he has new boxes with it on or I would have to pay for an upgrade, does that make any sense??

My supplier has said our boxes haven't got the 4k software on, he has new boxes with it on or I would have to pay for an upgrade, does that make any sense??
It won't be an upgrade but new 4k magbox or android box , you would probably be cheaper jusy buying a 4k firestick. I would ask exactly what box he is offering and at what cost, once you have that info you maybe better sourcing it yourself but you never know he may get discount on boxes.

He's right they havnt got the codec to run 4k content mate but as uri said who would you have to pay for upgrade and what box and pricing

Sounds like he's offering to sell you a box, or you can go and buy your own to upgrade the one you currently have.

As said, just buy your own device. 4k Firestick is good but Nvidia Shield is widely considered to be the best, all depends what you want to spend.

He's right they havnt got the codec to run 4k content mate but as uri said who would you have to pay for upgrade and what box and pricing
He only does mag boxes m8, I know someone who had one of him recently and he can watch the 4k movies on it, as my provider says his new boxes have 4k content but its £200 for box and 12mth sub.

He only does mag boxes m8, I know someone who had one of him recently and he can watch the 4k movies on it, as my provider says his new boxes have 4k content but its £200 for box and 12mth sub.
you can buy a new mag420 4k for £67.90 from amazon.

Wow lol knows how to make his money

@Jethro , why don't you just buy the magbox from amazon and give him your new Mac code you allready have subscription with 4k content.

@Jethro , a simple search on google on how to add portal in magbox. just make sure you copy your portal address down if you are going to change boxes.

@Jethro if you bought one and need help setting up pm me will give you a hand or buy a z8 or a box better than mag that takes mac address and ask your provider to change the mac on his panel

Back