52e and 28e possible on multisat?

Hi All,

Some of you probably aware from last year thread, I had big trees issue and could not get 19 or 16 or 13 alongside with my multi sat setup which include 28e and 23.5e.

So yesterday, I did try second attempt. Found a very knowledgeable and professional multisat expert based in Cheshire. The gentleman, came yesterday around 12pm and finished 10pm! Without much success.

We were trying to achieve 16e or 13e while improving signals on 28e which were not great previously. Despite his best efforts we could not get those three sats due to the tree blockage . So we decided to move to other side of the house on the motorised pole . However, issue remained same. We could get only get 13e (in centre) and 28e on offset. But 28e was very weak and no signals for 16 or 19 etc so decided to keep the dish at the original location.

Then we tried to add other sats on East so he added 39e along with 28e and 23.5e.

I was interested to add 52e but due to lack of time , did not try. But question is it even possible? I don't think 42e is possible as it is very close to 39e.

Don't think there is any good sat in between 28e and 39e which can be added.

Ps. He also spend half an hour to fix misalignment of my motorised dish. As it was too late, we decided to call off the day but noticed now I am not getting any signals on 52e but 30w and some other western sats are getting better signals . Thinking has he changed something which impacted eastern sats beyond 42e?

Sorry for long post but thought to share...with sats enthusiasts...

Trees blocking your line off sight is big problem Have you considered removing the motorised satellite system and multisat system and installing

Wave Frontier Toroidal with 12 port multiswitch T90 or T110​

Ps. He also spend half an hour to fix misalignment of my motorised dish. As it was too late, we decided to call off the day but noticed now I am not getting any signals on 52e but 30w and some other western sats are getting better signals . Thinking has he changed something which impacted eastern sats beyond 42e?

Sorry for long post but thought to share...with sats enthusiasts...
What sat positions was your motorised dish able to see across the arc ?

Was that missing 19 16 or 13 also ?

It seems to me your installer has made a proper pigs ear of the tracking of the arc and you should get him back to sort that out.

I take it he charged you for the hours so he needs to. My guess is the motor as it pivots around the pole or the dish as it pivots around the stub mount of the motor is not central to true south causing the dish to drop off the arc as it goes west. It is hard to diagnose what setting he has messed up without been there to double check it all. He does need to sort it though his problem and very amateurish imo .

What sat positions was your motorised dish able to see across the arc ?

Was that missing 19 16 or 13 also ?

It seems to me your installer has made a proper pigs ear of the tracking of the arc and you should get him back to sort that out.

I take it he charged you for the hours so he needs to. My guess is the motor as it pivots around the pole or the dish as it pivots around the stub mount of the motor is not central to true south causing the dish to drop off the arc as it goes west. It is hard to diagnose what setting he has messed up without been there to double check it all. He does need to sort it though his problem and very amateurish imo .

The motorised dish is on pole and was able to see all sats on the arch including 52e.

The fixed dish can't be put in another pole so unfortunately cannot avoid those trees.

The gentleman agrered fixed price so don't think he tried to made money. We were hindered by little rain which delayed the installation but he did spend actual 6 to 7 hours on fixed dish.

For motorised, he probably did not have enough time and I asked him to come down as it was very dark and too late .

So the motorised dish is the top dish what size is that ?

Size is the bottom dish ?

The top dish can receive the full arc but tress are to blame on the multisat dish below it ? Too small a dish for the job is also a possibility

Last edited:
An expert you say
The motorised dish is on pole and was able to see all sats on the arch including 52e.

The fixed dish can't be put in another pole so unfortunately cannot avoid those trees.

The gentleman agrered fixed price so don't think he tried to made money. We were hindered by little rain which delayed the installation but he did spend actual 6 to 7 hours on fixed dish.

For motorised, he probably did not have enough time and I asked him to come down as it was very dark and too late .
Was his name Duncan?

Yes the dish pointer pro app has infra red camera if you can position your ladder at the front off the property climb up hold your phone up check with the app what transponders are positioned to clear the trees

So the motorised dish is the top dish what size is that ?

Size is the bottom dish ?

The top dish can receive the full arc but tress are to blame on the multisat dish below it ? Too small a dish for the job is also a possibility

Yes top one is motorised. 97cm

Fixed dish is 80cm but installer thinks that is smaller than 80cm from sides . He was not big fan of this brand and kept saying this is rubbish quality as compared to Triax.

What is the approx height of the top of the tree, height from the bottom of the dish to the ground and distance from the tree to the dishes?

Back