5g mobile router

bitterman

I have been using a tp link 4g lte router with and external aerial for internet in a caravan in lincolnshire. In truth it was mainly running 3g as all mobile signals are rubbish in the area but it was still reasonable. With the impending switch off of 3g I have heard that 5g is becoming available. Any suggestions as to what kit I would need for best reception on a medium budget (under £200). Unlocked to all networks preferably.

Keep the kit you have for now , if you’re getting 5g then the 4g reception should improve and may well be good enough for you.
I have a similar situation to yours but 4g isn’t too bad most of the time , I can’t recommend a router but the aerial I would get is

Poynting XPOL-1 V2 5G 3dBi Omni-Directional Cross Polarised LTE 2x2 MIMO Outdoor Antenna​

Keep the kit you have for now , if you’re getting 5g then the 4g reception should improve and may well be good enough for you.
I have a similar situation to yours but 4g isn’t too bad most of the time , I can’t recommend a router but the aerial I would get is

Poynting XPOL-1 V2 5G 3dBi Omni-Directional Cross Polarised LTE 2x2 MIMO Outdoor Antenna​

Thanks, I using a pointing 4g omni directional aerial at present. So I'll see how it goes and maybe upgrade later.

You have to purchase a high quality coaxial cable to connect the external antenna to your 5g router. Choose cable with low loss of signal degradation over long distance.

your current 4g router will not get 5g.

you will need a new router but you wont get one for £200.

i am using this -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-De...id=1711630413&sprefix=5g+route,aps,226&sr=8-5

it has external antenna ports if you need to use an external antenna.

i was using a 4g tplink router previously and what was 2-3 bars using an external antenna is now a 100% 5g signal.

i was getting around 40meg on 4g, i am now getting up to 750meg on 5g.

You can get 3 5g routers at cex for £130 with a 2 year warranty. I've got one sat at my office but I'm not sure it's working correctly. I did not buy mine from cex and wish I had.

Back