A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

Hi guys I have xpeed LX1 box. It runs a openvix program. Can someone guide me to setup IPTV for this box please.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Sorry, wasn't clear. Already got that set up. Currently have my rotor, and a direct feed from 19.2 and 28 into a 4 port switch.

My multi tuner requirement is for watching stuff in different rooms in parallel, as well as recording. So a new shiny fast box with 3 tuners seems like my minimum requirement.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

sounds like you have a set up similar to me,
I have 13 19 and 28 on a 65cm, dual LNBs on 13 and 19 and a quattro feeding a multiswitch on 28 for freesat throughout, and 13 and 19 in 2 positions,
I can currently only watch/record same channel on one of my boxes an F5 , which is fine, my workshop box, main box can watch any sat as well, but only one tuner set for all three sats, so I cant record 13 and watch 19 at same time,
I can however, record 13 or 19 and watch 28, or vice versa, record 28 and watch 13 or 19,or another channel on 28
it could be done with quad LNBs and another DISEQC switch though, and, a DISEQC switch works perfectly fine through a multiswitch I can confirm

sounds like you have a set up similar to me,
I have 13 19 and 28 on a 65cm, dual LNBs on 13 and 19 and a quattro feeding a multiswitch on 28 for freesat throughout, and 13 and 19 in 2 positions,
I can currently only watch/record same channel on one of my boxes an F5 , which is fine, my workshop box, main box can watch any sat as well, but only one tuner set for all three sats, so I cant record 13 and watch 19 at same time,
I can however, record 13 or 19 and watch 28, or vice versa, record 28 and watch 13 or 19,or another channel on 28
it could be done with quad LNBs and another DISEQC switch though, and, a DISEQC switch works perfectly fine through a multiswitch I can confirm
Not quite as extravagant, but nearly! Rather than have multiple boxes I feed everything into my main one and distribute it round the house with Raspberry Pi and Android devices. Works well and is handy for recordings being everywhere too.

Anyone got an opinion on the Octagon? Only think that puts me off is the RAM. Having a properly supported Vix box is quite tempting which is why the Vu boxes are in my mind even though they're not cheap.

Not quite as extravagant, but nearly! Rather than have multiple boxes I feed everything into my main one and distribute it round the house with Raspberry Pi and Android devices. Works well and is handy for recordings being everywhere too.

Anyone got an opinion on the Octagon? Only think that puts me off is the RAM. Having a properly supported Vix box is quite tempting which is why the Vu boxes are in my mind even though they're not cheap.

Interesting, how does that work with a Pi then,?
I have a couple of those kicking about

I run Kodi on them using a pre built distribution called LibreELEC. It has an Enigma2 PVR plug in which pulls channels, EPG and recordings so it's all quite seamless. You'll want a Pi2 or Pi3 though, and the MPEG license.

On my Android device I use DreamPlayer.

I am considering buying a dual tuner sat box and installing the vix image but are there any dummy walkthroughs on line to use to set it up?

Also can anyone recommend a reliable website to purchase from please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am considering buying a dual tuner sat box and installing the vix image but are there any dummy walkthroughs on line to use to set it up?

Also can anyone recommend a reliable website to purchase from please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guide @pabloescaban shared is what I used. I have a technomate cable dual tuner running openvix with cable and IPTV and it runs perfect. Plug an external hdd in and you are laughing.

I am considering buying a dual tuner sat box and installing the vix image

Do you realise most of the sat channels are pretty much blocked, no HD, no films, no sport
a few channels still work.

If you can get cable that's probably the best option or the other is IPTV

Hi reading this thread & site with interest but also making me a bit confused (differing views on which box is best in price ranges)
I was looking to buy a new box for under £200 , I was thinking at least 2 sat tuners and 1 hybrid (T) tuner . 4k/UHD would be nice but not essiential.
ideally one box that can run kodi from e2 and easily be able to put in line and a vpn . I'm far from being an expert ,so would prefer to install a build and then tweak it to my preferences.
I had an idea about the OS Mega , Mutant HD51 and now another (cheaper) box has just come to my attention formuler F1 (advertised as "no other box has so much for the price") .
What are our informed forum members opinions on these 3 boxes?

Not sure if I would want to spend that much money on a sat box as the channels
are now very limited as mentioned above.

If you are only going to run a hybrid tuner as terestrial, why not just plug the arial into the back of the telly ?

If you can get cable a better option would be to run a twin cable tuner. Any Enigma 2 box can run IPTV
but if you end up just running IPTV due to the limited channels, you may be better off with an Android box or a MAG.

When it comes to Kodi, I don't think an E2 box runs a full version, I think it's a plugin called Kodi Direct which is meant to be a bit crap, you can't run Kodi on a MAG but you can on an Android.

I should probably update this thread with all the changes that has happened on sat.

As for 4K there isn't much content out their and you can't get it using card sharing as VM and Sky stream it to there boxes,
It uses a different system.

Most members buy 4K for the processing speed rather that available content.

So looking at your wish list you may be better with a cheap twin sat tuner if you can't get cable, and a seperate Android box to run Kodi and IPTV.

Just a thought, I have an MXQpro, £25 off Ebay, it runs IPTV, it has a MAG emulator
so it looks exactly the same on the IPTV side.

I have Kodi on it with Terarrium and Covenent and a cheap Netflix login

Last edited:
Hi reading this thread & site with interest but also making me a bit confused (differing views on which box is best in price ranges)
I was looking to buy a new box for under £200 , I was thinking at least 2 sat tuners and 1 hybrid (T) tuner . 4k/UHD would be nice but not essiential.
ideally one box that can run kodi from e2 and easily be able to put in line and a vpn . I'm far from being an expert ,so would prefer to install a build and then tweak it to my preferences.
I had an idea about the OS Mega , Mutant HD51 and now another (cheaper) box has just come to my attention formuler F1 (advertised as "no other box has so much for the price") .
What are our informed forum members opinions on these 3 boxes?

I picked up a new octagan sf4008 of ebay for £170 and have been impressed with it. its very quick and have notices the picture quality is so much better than the freesat on my samsung ks 7000 ( i cant get a good signal from my aireal so have to use satellite) i have iptv with all the sat channels in the same epg guide as my free sat channels in the order i like. which is so much better than having a separate app or android box. Im also able to record multiple iptv channels at once which is great. Plexs work well on it, ive not tried kodi as i dont need it anymore. So for me well worth the money

Hey, can I ask how you got the freesat and iptv channels in the same epg?
Thsnks
This is my first experience with a enigma2 box so it took quite a few google seaches to figure out but what i did was use plugin Auto Bouquets to get my freesat channels in order then i installed my iptv provider m3u and epg using suls.co.uk . then all i had todo was arrange the channels in the order i wanted using Echannelizer on my pc. now all i need to figure out is how to get ipk file movie organisor plugin installed on my box as i cant seem to find ipk installer in my many options pressing the blue button is meant to bring up the menu but not for me.

Back