A good trick for troubleshooting your service

yegegg

TK Supporter
9 times out of 10 when you report issues to your service provider, the answer that comes back is that the trouble is on the user end.

If you want to narrow it down further, try creating a hot spot from your phone and connecting your device to it. If you encounter the same issues on that (separate) connection, you know it's not just a simple reset the modem type fix.

Be careful only to use this as a check though... you do NOT want to kill your data this way.

9 times out of 10 when you report issues to your service provider, the answer that comes back is that the trouble is on the user end.

If you want to narrow it down further, try creating a hot spot from your phone and connecting your device to it. If you encounter the same issues on that (separate) connection, you know it's not just a simple reset the modem type fix.

Be careful only to use this as a check though... you do NOT want to kill your data this way.
In most cases it's the end user that is the issue

Mentioned a few times already..................

If you've done all the usual maintenance and troubleshooting on your devices - cleared cache, rebooted device and router by switching both off at the mains, made sure parental controls are off - then the next step is to connect your devices to a phone's mobile hotspot and try that.

Have you done the usual maintenance? Reboot device and router by switching both off at the mains, clear cache on your iptv app. Change server if you're using a vpn.

Too many variables, it could be your isp blocking, or net nanny settings, or bad maintenance by you, not clearing the cache regularly, or a number of other things or perm any eight from ten of the above.

More information is required,
Device?
ISP?
Speed?
Is it worse when live football is on?
Is it all channels or just sport?
Is it the same when using mobile data on your phone?

If an end user is having issues that a whole customer base isn't having then they're usually neglecting one of the steps in the basic troubleshooting. Iptv runs fine if you get your setup right and do your maintenance.

If an end user is having issues that a whole customer base isn't having then they're usually neglecting one of the steps in the basic troubleshooting. Iptv runs fine if you get your setup right and do your maintenance.
Most don't that's the trouble.

Good tip in OP. Normally it's either provider issue (which they normally say) or ISP issue or device issue, which the OP can resolve regarding ISP/Device issue.

the only problem is my phone reception is horrible where I live. When I try to create a hotspot and have my firestick connect to it, my iptv buffers even more.

I think my issue is that network congestion. Around 4-7 pm is where I notice a lot of buffering happening. Other than that, my service is pretty decent.

Is there anyway to fix a congested network? I've tried resetting modem/router, clear cache, vpn, and even hardwired the firestick but nothing seems to work

the only problem is my phone reception is horrible where I live. When I try to create a hotspot and have my firestick connect to it, my iptv buffers even more.

I think my issue is that network congestion. Around 4-7 pm is where I notice a lot of buffering happening. Other than that, my service is pretty decent.

Is there anyway to fix a congested network? I've tried resetting modem/router, clear cache, vpn, and even hardwired the firestick but nothing seems to work
Have you disabled the websafe/net nanny settings?

Is that a feature only in the UK? Because I don't see it when I log in to my router settings
Well it might be a good idea to say where in the world you are and who your isp is, this is a UK forum, we can't guess whether you are in Japan or Canada etc

I'm in the US. I have Spectrum as my ISP
I cannot search for that because I'm in UK and the results are not relevant, Google for your isp 'safety' settings and make the sure they're disabled, it also looks like your isp throttles at peak times so you may want to try a different way of connecting to see if it's any better

I don't think in the US they have many blocks or safety settings as in UK but worth checking router settings. If not hardwire your device via ethernet and a decent VPN should be able to remove any throttling
I'm in the US. I have Spectrum as my ISP

Vpn will sort that. It will slow down your speeds but keep them nice and steady so you shouldn't get any issues

Vpn will sort that. It will slow down your speeds but keep them nice and steady so you shouldn't get any issues
Unfortunately VPN doesn't seem to help. I've tried using mullvad for a month and I was still getting buffering around peak hours. I guess there's not much you can do with network congestion

Back