A good trick for troubleshooting your service

Unfortunately VPN doesn't seem to help. I've tried using mullvad for a month and I was still getting buffering around peak hours. I guess there's not much you can do with network congestion
If you are able to get wifi 6 and WiFi 6 compatible devices it will help with congestion

Yes but if you are talking about congestion, is it too many devices in your household connecting to your router?

Yes but if you are talking about congestion, is it too many devices in your household connecting to your router?
I have a lot of devices connected to my wifi network, but they're devices that don't take up a lot of bandwidth. Like Alexa, ring, iRobot, myQ. At home it's just me and my wife and most of the time she uses her to browse reddit or IG. I think the congestion is due to too many people being online in my neighborhood and not so much on my wifi network because the buffering is worst at around 4-7 pm every day.

You can download apps that tell you channels are the most congested and you can change your router to a new one. Or get a decent router that will do this automatically and better than the stock isp

Unfortunately VPN doesn't seem to help. I've tried using mullvad for a month and I was still getting buffering around peak hours. I guess there's not much you can do with network congestion
Never heard of mullvad so I googled it, one of the first results was, "why is mullvad VPN so slow"
Answer;
Your Internet provider may limit the speed on certain ports. To change it, open the Mullvad app settings, then click on VPN settings. Scroll down and click on WireGuard settings and set the port to Automatic, 51820 or 53 and see which works best for you.

You can download apps that tell you channels are the most congested and you can change your router to a new one. Or get a decent router that will do this automatically and better than the stock isp

I did run a test to see which channels were congested within my area and set it to the least congested a while back. I may have to try and buy a newer router router since the one I have is 6-7 years old.

I know this forum is mainly UK users and from what I understand most of the IPTV servers are located in the UK. I'm wondering how much of that is causing buffering since I'm located in the US.

I did run a test to see which channels were congested within my area and set it to the least congested a while back. I may have to try and buy a newer router router since the one I have is 6-7 years old.

I know this forum is mainly UK users and from what I understand most of the IPTV servers are located in the UK. I'm wondering how much of that is causing buffering since I'm located in the US.
None as providers have end users all over the world who don’t get issues like your having read what @pabloescaban has posted in post #26 try that and see what happens

Try a better known one
. Surfshark
. Express

But it also sounds like you have too many devices connected as mentioned.

Guys you seem to be missing the obvious... His isp is congested... Nothing to do with local lan devices. Same as virgin used to suffer a lot of...

If the isp can't provide enough bandwidth for your area, you could try another isp. Or just call your island let them know, they may may be unaware

Back