A way of checking

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
@HiTecK if this gets silly delete

If you have bought the new type of streams. Some suppliers are selling duffs.

The best way to check is use tivimate app it will report the correct FPS .

Also if you have a sheild it will only let you upscale to basic. But make sure Auto Frame Rate is switched off.

You should see a a improved pic quality specially in fast motion objects.

Your cache will fill up much quicker than normal

I have not been able to find a reliable source for req download speeds however you will need a good device and speeds for it to work. In 4k

Last edited:

Also if you have a sheild it will only let you upscale to basic. But make sure Auto Frame Rate is switched off.

I have not been able to find a reliable source for req download speeds however you will need a good device and speeds for it to work. In 4k
In what way selling duffs bud?? Claiming to be 50fps and not.
I know you trialed a few on here and you only found 1 I think you mentioned tbh a little common sense has to come into play and check these things not just think ahh nice clear pic it must be this frame rate

They show the little r but are 25fps. However, if you use a genuine tivimate that is what I advise it will give you the correct framerate.

I have 2 subs one shows 25fps and it will let the sheild goto enhanced on upscailing.

The other one shows 50fps and won't let you goto enhanced. Because it doesn't need it.

This thread will go one way. Not having a pop, @ anyone, but certain sellers, will abuse the mere mention of that word..

They show the little r but are 25fps. However, if you use a genuine tivimate that is what I advise it will give you the correct framerate.
If you are not using Tivimate the refresh app tha Obi posted! for Shield can be assigned to any app and works accurately even on Iplayer!

Not good mate it was pulling streams from 50fps down to 25fps.

You can actually tell with your eyes. Specially if you watch sports like cricket, 🎾 and ⚽️ a dead give away is if the sub is to cheap aswell.

I could of set it up wrong. I set it to auto change frame rate and it dropped to 25 from 50

I could of set it up wrong. I set it to auto change frame rate and it dropped to 25 from 50
Most of my frame rates are around 25 I do have a sub with 50 on BT sports it does not change or drop them.
Also I was having trouble with BBC iplayer at wrong rate at default and it has corrected that and stopped the jerk!

Hey mike, slightly off-topic. Is there anyway to display the frame rate on the shield when using apps such as Amazon, BT, etc.

Hey mike, slightly off-topic. Is there anyway to display the frame rate on the shield when using apps such as Amazon, BT, etc.
I'm replying for Mike, download the refresh app from store, then YouTube how to set up, I have set it up for Netflix and prime you just assign it to apps when set up,
Tivimate doesn't show those!

Most of my frame rates are around 25 I do have a sub with 50 on BT sports it does not change or drop them.
Also I was having trouble with BBC iplayer at wrong rate at default and it has corrected that and stopped the jerk!
I will try it on buzz stick. To see what happens. I know the sheild can be funny about some things.

I'm replying for Mike, download the refresh app from store, then YouTube how to set up, I have set it up for Netflix and prime you just assign it to apps when set up,
Tivimate doesn't show those!
You can do the same settings in tivimate as that app with auto frame rate. And also tell it to change from 50 to 60 hz

You can do the same settings in tivimate as that app with auto frame rate. And also tell it to change from 50 to 60 hz
Wasn't being rude, I haven't assigned it to my Tivimate as it has the option in app.
But Iplayer Netflix Prime and any free app you may have, the Shield will assign the refresh too them and show you the rate at bottom when stream starts.

Wasn't being rude, I haven't assigned it to my Tivimate as it has the option in app.
But Iplayer Netflix Prime and any free app you may have, the Shield will assign the refresh too them and show you the rate at bottom when stream starts.
No mate all good banter. I think what it's supposed to do is stop blur on football and stuff but sometimes it over compensates

Back