A850 not finding channels….

Hi all, box has been working fine but i had a few channels missing… so decided to do a factory reset and scan again….. However!

It's picking up my area fine on C&W (picks up nothing on the others) and when it tries to scan the TP it's finding no channels….

i've used the A780 to find the frequencies and looks like the signal is broadcasting using 6952ksps with the 256 QAM (default on the A850 seems to be 6875ksps and 64QAM)

also tried manually on the new frequencies and still nothing, now I'm stumped! I'm not sure if this is a software fault that needs updating or if i need to reflash the box, even tho I've never had this problem before.

Software version is 1.02.06
Software date is Jul 5 2013

and after reading the forum looks like the latest available, its not even connecting when i try to look for an update using the box.

can anyone help or is anyone else having the same problem? can't seem to find a thread that helps :(

Thanks guys.

same with mine here in belfast cannot get it working at all .

---------- Post Merged at 01:54 PM ----------

my a780 workin fine on same line but cannot get other box workin .

Thanks for replying cactikid, have read through that and I even did a reflash of the software but still no joy. It's only picking up my area on C&W and even then it says TV:0 Radio:0, used to pick up on telewest too but I know the frequencies keep changing. I managed to find a thread on techwatch with the same problem but looks like it has everyone scratching there heads :(

ok is it possible you are using wrong port for coaxial cable?
as said in the tut try other providers and scan from main coaxial feed.

Last edited:
Coaxial cable is connected to the ant in port and was factory reset and scanned using the main feed with no splitters or attentuator fitted and still only picked up my area on C&W. When I scan the others it says lock whilst scanning through the frequencies and it doesn't finish,the timer just Keeps counting. Only thing I can try is maybe using the attentuator connected to the box from the main feed before I scan incase the signal is too high but surely it would still pick up some channels even without it?

you say that box was on tw before,i would try factory reset first then power of box at rear remove lan cable and power on try selecting tw and scan,wonder if its getting to be like the litchfield fix but no box worked there,but your 780 does.
should have no need for attenuator.

Tried that too mate but still no joy, just says lock on the 3rd frequency and keeps counting forever. The thing that baffles me is that it was working fine till I tried to update the channels, Guess the lesson learned is if it ain't broke don't fix it!

what is the counting you refer too?what area are you in for others to comment on also.can you pm me that other thread you were talking about and i will reread it there.

Last edited:
I mean the timer just goes on for hours when it's scanning and it finds a lock frequency. It happens on ntl & telewest. I'm in Warwickshire, West Midlands. PM'ed you the link. Thanks to all for the feedback.

Same problem as me and I'm in Warwickshire

Manually add these settings
Leamington Spa NTL, 00016 803000 6887
Let me know how you get on

for some strange reason areas may get a change with signal info but that would mean your 780 would be the same,bigreds problem was using scart and hdmi cable together and box was fighting and confusing tv as i amended the tut to include that,the litchfield fix had no channels on any provider and was fixed by getting data off providers box and adding into manual search like above.

Eddington I've done what you said and it worked! It's picked up all the channels and there working fine, your a saviour pal :grin:

Thanks to you all for the help, and hopefully this will come in handy if others have a similar problem.

this might be a ploy to stop these boxes working but the problem is someone just needs to do some digging,well done and enjoy.
thats what i like to see helping members in times of stress.(y)

HI eddington where do you add those settings mate ? and will they workin in Birmingham I have lost Birmingham 750 its dong my head in trying to fix it

Back