Acceptable levels of 'freezing'?

binners

Hello. New on here.

Got an openbox v8 just over a month ago, bought the gift from ebay (i know i know after reading on here). Been fine up until the past week, by fine i mean freezing very rarely of which i took to be acceptable.

However the past 2 weekends have been very different, freezing constantly on certain sports channels especially however not when watching movie channels. Been fine (acceptable) in the week.

In the UK (not sure if that makes a difference), and the gift was a newcamd (i think it was that).

So what do people consider an acceptable level of 'freezing' then? I'm guessing my issue is the "line" i now know it as.

Cheers for any info.

over subscribed servers will cause freezing,typical ebay

Yeah i thought that from what i've been reading the past few days on here. I was more curious why it was mainly the sports channels though? Because that is what most of the subscribers plugged into their server are watching?

Even good servers have been bad this weekend with all that's been going on. Give it a few wks to see if goes back to what you were used to.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

It has helped me before to reboot router, homeplugs( if you use them) and box.

Done that mate. Rebooted everything. Updated firmware and channel list. Loosened dish input as read that here somewhere to see if that was the problem.

Weird that its just weekend, and only on sports channels? :dunno:

I have had my V8S a couple of days had a couple of short blips but nothing major ! Tends to freeze when I'm skipping through the EPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never never buy from fleebay mate

there are threads here to request a gift from

Aware of that now. Doesn't help with rogues pm'ing me off the cuff on here though.

My heads mince and you guys aren't helping it lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Wax on, wax off.

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 PM ----------

I have had my V8S a couple of days had a couple of short blips but nothing major ! Tends to freeze when I'm skipping through the EPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think that is a known issue. :smoke rings:

:(

think server are like motor ways when busy less speed , open road more speed
That depends on your server.If a proffesional setup and not scrimpt on then theres no reason why the server cannot act the same when more or less on.Its all down to who you are with.

Last edited:
agree lads any one says glitch/freeze free is a no no

but got to say not always supply fault

as it runs over internet there can /and will be problems both ends

think server are like motor ways when busy less speed , open road more speed
That depends on your server.If a proffesional setup and not scrimpt on then theres no reason why the server cannot act the same when more or less on.Its all down to who you are with;)

Any tips then? Smartypants.

agree lads any one says glitch/freeze free is a no no

but got to say not always supply fault

as it runs over internet there can /and will be problems both ends

I'm wireless, would that be such an issue?

Yep dont use wireless and find a server that is not pants;)Saying that i use wireless on duo 2 and it doesnt skip a beat.But the box is an indication.

Last edited:
If your server is any good you will experience very little glitching or freezing maybe 3-4 times per week. however, there are other factors you should consider.
1. Sat Box. Think of it like a pc if you buy the cheapest you will not get the same results of a mid range or a high end piece of kit.
2 your network how the box is connected to the net
3 the age of your sat equipment
4 the type of camm CCcam or MGcamm

Back