acekard 2i

spike24

hi guys i want to buy another acekard 2i but the sites i have previously used are not available anymore,can anyone recommened a good site to purchase from in the uk,also ni am going to run it on a dsi-xl so need the help to do so please i have a ds lite available as i know you need one to update thanks

hi sinno i have a memory card that i used in my r4,i now have an acekard cartridge and want to put the firmware on the memory card to use in the acekard,i also want it to plat in my dsi xl to,i have a ds lite to update it in but i carnt remember what to do,can you help me out with the firmware and what to do thanks

Format the card spike so it is clear,you will put akaio latest on 1.8.1 is the newest,if you haven't updated the firmware to 1.4.1 the updates for 1.4 will do HERE,
put the 2 files on the root of the sd card and they will show up when you start up,follow instructions on screen and your done,if needed the fix for the 1.4.1 firmware is in the ds section

Hi Sinno so i have to put 1.8.1 akaio and 1.4 update both on the memory card and do this on the ds lite is this right thanks

yes spike that's it,you did'nt update the firmware on the dsi xl lately did you,if so you will need the 1.4.1 update

i put 1.8.1 update on my original memory card that is already being used in the dsi xl,so will i have to put 1.4.1 update on my old r4 memory card then or the 1.4

The 1.8.1 is the akaio,the 1.4 is to enable the card to work on 1.4 firmware of the dsi,if the ds is not on 1.4 firmware there is no need to update it

Hi Sinno not sure if the ds is on 1.4 how will I be able to check,I know about the akaio firmware just the other not sure about and thanks again for your help much appreciated

if you start up the ds without a card in it and go to settings you should find your firmware version there

Yeah on the dsi xl it says version 1.4e,so which do I use and do I still have to do it in the ds lite first thanks

Thanks Sinno,can I ask my friend is buying a new dsi xl for her daughter,she already has an acekard,would I need to use the 1.4.1 update for hers or would the 1.4 be Ok thanks,i have looked for the 1.4 firmware and i carnt seem to find it sorry i must be blind

Last edited:
Sorry Spike,your ds is not 1.4 or 1.4.1 firmware only the dsi or dsixl,if its a new dsi xl run the 1.4.1 update

No i actually confused myself m8,you can update your own to the 1.4.1 if you want also but as i say if it aint broke dont fix it

No I will just leave mine at 1.4,so I put 1.8.1akaio and 1.4 on memory card and use the ds lite to update and then this will be compatable with my xl,
As for my friends new xl I have to put 1.8.1 akaio and do I use 1.4 or 1.4.1,put it in ds lite and update then put it in xk and it will be compatible is this correct,also I cannot find the 1.4 firmware mate,can I be a pain and get you to find it for me thanks

Back